Beantwoord

Why am i not able to restore my eSIM?

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 34 Bekeken

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to restore my eSIM after my phone got stolen. I’ve purchased a new Phone and I am trying to install eSIM but I can’t get past verification stage. Obviously, I can’t use my phone number for verification purposes, so I tried to send 1 cent via iDEAL several times, but it didn't work either. After sending the payment I was transferred to a loading screen saying something like “Momentje ...” (unfortunately, I don’t have a screenshot) and nothing happened after it, even though I’ve waited for 5-10 minutes. I tried the verification again several times, but still nothing happened. After 3-4 attempts I no longer can use this verification method (please see the screenshot).

This is now a Catch 22 situation, please help me out. I really need to restore access to my phone number.

icon

Beste antwoord door Amy 13 May 2024, 11:10

Bekijk originele reactie

Dit topic is gesloten. Je kunt geen reactie achterlaten.

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @archisarki,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to see that you can not download the eSIM. You also got an e-mail about this and why the eSIM is rejected. I see that this is because you are using another IBAN to pay the €0,01 with. Can you ask for a new SMS code if you click on '’Reageer op een sms'’? You can then ask for a new code. If you send me a private message with your personal information i can send the new code to you so you can download the eSIM! 

Greetings,
Amy

Badge

@Amy This is what I see when I try to enter the code you sent me

Badge

@Amy here is the screenshot of “activating...” status that it stuck.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @archisarki,

At the moment, our app is currently experiencing issues, causing difficulties with installing the eSIM. This might be the reason why it's not working. I've been informed by our developers that this issue is quite persistent and has arisen since the release of the new Android/OS 14. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

[collection topic] has just been created about this issue. All new topics posted on this subject will be moved there. 'Old' topics will be closed and referred to the [new topic]. If you have any questions or comments, you can address them there

We've also noticed that a link to an older version of the app is being shared on the forum. With this older version, the eSIM could be installed. On behalf of the Simyo team, we've decided to remove this link. We appreciate the customer for sharing the link, but we cannot guarantee its security. It's impossible to be certain that the app version is 100% secure. Therefore, please exercise caution before clicking on a link or downloading anything.

This topic will now be closed.

Greetings,
Seren