Beantwoord

Why don't you have an internet kill switch?!

• 9 May 2024
  • 2 reacties
  • 31 Bekeken

Dear Simyo Team!

I’m curious why don’t you have an internet kill switch?! you are stopping if the usage is more than 120 euros, please add something to stop the internet before use out of the bundle!

Recently, I invited one of my family members, but it’s going to cost me more than 120 euros! why?! because the app showed my family member that she still has traffic, she started the download, and it passed more than 2 gigabytes… then she saw the messages.

If you had this simple feature, I would not be in this trouble without any solution. 120 euros is more than one year of payment for that sim card! This is super expensive…

icon

Beste antwoord door Roeqajja 10 May 2024, 17:12

Bekijk originele reactie

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Dear Simyo Team!

I’m curious why don’t you have an internet kill switch?! you are stopping if the usage is more than 120 euros, please add something to stop the internet before use out of the bundle!

Recently, I invited one of my family members, but it’s going to cost me more than 120 euros! why?! because the app showed my family member that she still has traffic, she started the download, and it passed more than 2 gigabytes… then she saw the messages.

If you had this simple feature, I would not be in this trouble without any solution. 120 euros is more than one year of payment for that sim card! This is super expensive…

I can only say that is a business decision. I’ve been asking (like many many customers) for some sort of protection against those very high out of the bundel data-costs.

The only protection currently in place is a complete blockage of any outgoing call/message and data when Simyo's systems detect more than 100 euro’s of additional costs have occurred within 24 hours or 250 euros within 1 week. Both these limits are fairly high and can be massively exceeded as well, because Simyo’s systems do not receive usage realtime. So if you use a lot in a very short time…

That delay is also why your app can show you have some data left. That has the same delay.

If you receive an SMS mentioning you have used 80% or 100%, those are actually right. Those are sent in real-time.

I know Moderators might be able to help you out, but you might also want to look into configuring things to prevent you using more than you have in your (data-)bundle.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sina,

Thank you for your message. How sorry to hear that you got a high bill due to internet usage outside your bundle!

We are transparent at Simyo about not having a data cap. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always leading. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the tariff is from that moment on (€0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to turn off the internet or to buy an internet bundle. From Simyo, we do our best to warn our customers in time. If you have incurred high costs outside your bundle within a short period of time, we block your SIM card as a precaution and send an e-mail about this. We try to block the SIM card from €100, but as the usage is processed with a delay in our system, the charges may exceed €100 depending on how many MBs have been consumed.

If you have an Android phone, I would like to pass on the tip to set a data limit via the settings in your phone to avoid this in the future, it might come in handy! If you have an iPhone, I would like to refer you to this topic. On our website, we have a blog with more handy internet saving tips, I recommend reading it carefully.

I can imagine that the charges were made unknowingly in your case. I would therefore like to help you and look with you to see what we can do about this. Would you like to send me a private message with your personal details? I can't promise anything for now, but we can look at the possibilities together 🙂.

Thank you for your help! @Groentjuh

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Reageer