Beantwoord

Extremely high out of bundle costs, what can I do?

• 8 June 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 353 Bekeken

Dear Simyo!

There is no response to my enquiry of June 4, so I have to write it here. 

Some days ago while walking in the park and being on whatsapp video call I got a warning that my €9 bundle of 2000MB is out. I stopped the call immediately and put the phone in my bag. In about 40 minutes I got an e-mail from Simyo that my number had been blocked due to the high data consumption…..and costs outside the bundle are €1200 (one thousand two hundred) in 30 minutes!!!

I found out that for some reason whatsapp continued recurrent synchronization with iCloud after I hung up the phone, and backed up 8076MB in 30 minutes, until the phone lost its battery.

I am aware of all Simyo arguments and might accept that it is my responsibility to check the phone settings to prevent unintentional MB leakage but it doesn’t seem fair from Simyo side to set an extremely high € 0.15/MB out of bundle cost, declare the number blockage if you reach €100 extra costs and then refer to the 5 hours delay in consumption data recovery. So, if I lost € 1200 in 30 minutes, 5 hours would end up with €12k?? Nice business-model, indeed! Take advantage of the system bugs and put the customers in debt.

I hope for your attention and fair solution. I am an international student and can not afford extra costs exceeding normal cost 1000 times. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tessanne 9 June 2021, 13:40

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Vio, 

Welcome to the Simyo Forum! 

I am sorry to read about your situation. It is really good that you have found the cause of the extreme data usage on your phone, so you can prevent this from happening in the future. If you need more tips on how to prevent unwanted usage, you can check out this blog

It is very understandable that you are not happy with the extra costs, so I discussed this with the financial department. Fortunately there is something we can do about the costs! We can refund the additional fees for data usage and charge you for extra data bundles that would have covered the usage. Within 3 working days you will receive an e-mail as a confermation with more info. 

I added 1000MB for free to your account so I can activate your account again. So you can now use your account as usual. 

If you have any more questions, let me know!

Kind regards, 

Tessanne 

Dear Tessanne!

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Best regards,

Vio

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Vio, 

You are very welcome! :blush:

Have a nice day! 

Kind regards,