Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Simyo network connectivity has really dropped off on past week, what now?

My sim connectivity, for calls as well as internet has become a lot more patchy and irregular recently. Not sure what has changed as nothing has changed from my end. I live in Amsterdam.

12 reacties

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hoi @sn2000,

Thank you for your message. It's unfortunate to hear you have connectivity issues. 

Do you have this problem everywhere? What phone do you have? Did you also try the steps in our ‘toestelhulp’? If these steps don't work please test your sim in another phone if possible. Do you still have these connectivity issues when your sim is in another phone?  Does another sim work in your phone?

I hope these steps help. If not feel free to contact us again.

Greetings,
Ashley 

Hey I tried all the permutations and is still patchy, the connectivity is sometimes there but mostly just shows 4G but with no real connectivity. Sometimes it works on putting it in airplane mode and turning the mode off or restarting. Can we reset the sim or something, this seems to be an issue on your end

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sn2000,

Thank you for your message. 

I have just performed a reset on your sim card. Can you turn your phone off for 15 minutes when you've read this?

We would love to hear if this has helped you. If not, we would like to know which phone you have.

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Hey thanks for trying

But it hasn't really helped.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE. I've used this sim for 11 months now, and issues only started this month.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sn2000,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that the reset hasn't helped.

Could you test your sim card in another phone? I would like to know if your sim card has the same issues in another phone. If so, I'd like to send you a new sim card.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings,
Roeqajja

My sim connectivity, for calls as well as internet has become a lot more patchy and irregular recently. Not sure what has changed as nothing has changed from my end. I live in Amsterdam.

I’m having the same issue sinds Feb 2024. Already got a new sim. Reset phone/network. But i found out this is because allot of cell towers are upgraded to 5G and do not support the 4G anymore. Simyo does not support 5G. So your phone will only connect to 4G cell towers. This will not change unless Simyo starts to support 5G. Not sure if i'm going to stay with Simyo atm.

Source: https://tweakers.net/nieuws/224618/simyo-stopt-met-dubbele-data-bij-compleet-bundels-en-geeft-nu-2gb-tot-10gb-extra.html#reacties

I am having the same issues since beginning of July 2024 - my connectivity to 4G is bad both in the Netherlands and also in Europe (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland). Today, I cannot even connect to the network to make calls or text messages. 

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hoi @JPG,

Thank you for your message. It's unfortunate to hear that you have connectivity issues. 

Did you already try to select a network manually and install your APN settings? You can find the steps here.

When you don't have any network connection outside the Netherlands you can follow the tips in this topic.

Let me know if these steps didn't help.

Greetings,
Ashley

Hoi @JPG,

Thank you for your message. It's unfortunate to hear that you have connectivity issues. 

Did you already try to select a network manually and install your APN settings? You can find the steps here.

When you don't have any network connection outside the Netherlands you can follow the tips in this topic.

Let me know if these steps didn't help.

Greetings,
Ashley

Done All that. Still the same. At home in Amsterdam it went from full to half in feb2024 and on the Spuistraat i don’t have reception at all. It also drains the battery allot faster if reception is bad. But after reading the comments elsewhere it seems that this is related to the frequenties on 4G (and lack of 5G) that KPN is allowing Simyo to use. 

Hi yes, I would appreciate a new sim card, checked in other devices, has the same issue. @Roeqajja 

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hoi @sn2000,

Thank you for your message. I can send you a new sim card. 

Could you send me a private message with your phone number and personal information?

Greetings,
Ashley

Got a carrier update this morning. So let’s see if this improves the network stability.

Reageer