Beantwoord

Why can't i activate my eSIM?

• 14 November 2023
  • 13 reacties
  • 70 Bekeken

Hello

I odered one eSIM, but I can’t active it in my Google Pixel 4. In Simyo app, I saw the type was eSIM IOS.

Can I change it to Android? Thanks.

icon

Beste antwoord door Amy 14 November 2023, 14:35

Bekijk originele reactie

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @lkxblue,

Thankyou for your message. Good that you contact us. 

Did you first download the eSIM on a iOS telephone? You can download the eSIM trough the Mijn Simyo app. You can do this by Instellingen > Simkaart  > Overstappen naar eSIM. 

I would like to hear if this works 😊.

Greetings,
Amy

Thanks Amy.

Yes, First I download and tired it on a iOS mobile, but it shows that my mobile not support for eSIM.  so I changed to Google Pixel 4 and tried to active it, but it can’t now.

in my Mijin Simyo, I can’t find Instellingen > Simkaart  > Overstappen. is there any way to change it or active my eSIM? Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

I believe that lowest option should work out for you.

It said "Request replacement eSIM”, which I believe should guide you to install a replacement eSIM on your Pixel 4.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @lkxblue,

Thankyou for your response. What @Groentjuh says is correct! Can you try this option? 

I would like to hear if it works.

Greetings,
Amy

Thanks @Amy @Groentjuh 

I tried Instellingen > Simkaart > vervangende esim annvragen, but it still shows can’t active the esim.

Can I request to change one new number for Android? Thanks.

I got this informaiton:

Er is iets misgegaan waardoor de installatie niet door kan gaan.Controleer in je lete fooninstellingen of je nog een verbinding hebt.

Let op. je huidige simkaat kan uitgeschakeld zijn. Je schakelt je simkaart weer in via je instellinggen

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @lkxblue,

Thankyou for your response. I'm sorry to see that it is not working! 

Is there a physical simcard still in the phone? If so, you have to take the physical simcard out so you can download the eSIM. Also make sure you have a good connection to the network of Wifi. 

Did you bought the phone abroad? This could be a reason it is not possible to download the eSIM. 

I would like to hear from you 🙂.

Greetings,
Amy

Thanks @Amy for your response.

There don’t have physical simcard in the phone. there have 2 eSIM in the phone, I disabled them when do the Siymo eSIM download. the network is good, I can search in the internet. I tried many time Instellingen > Simkaart > vervangende, but still not working.

Can I request to change one new Android number? Thanks.

Best Regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @lkxblue,

Thankyou for your response. Where did you bought the phone? 

I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean with '’Can I request to change one new Android number?'’. Could you explain this?

We can also send a physical simcard to your adress is you want. 

Greetings,
Amy

Thanks for your response @Amy.

I don’t have any space for physical simcard now, my mobile also have 2 SIM. I only want to add one new eSIM.

For below question:

I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean with '’Can I request to change one new Android number?'’. Could you explain this?

→ I mean as I can’t active this number, Can I have one new eSIM number, and transfer the old number’s information(balance, personal informaiton...) to the new number? and then I use the new number to do the active.

Best Regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @lkxblue,

Thank you for clarifying. Once you start installing eSIM (in your case on your iPhone) you have to finish the download process before you can redownload it on another phone. My advice would be to finish that download first. After that, If you want to install your eSIM on another phone (Android), you can do so by downloading the Mijn Simyo app and go to Instellingen > Simkaart > Vervangende eSIM aanvragen. It is not about getting a new number but rather a new eSIM in your case. Can you also please let me know if the phone you are trying to install the eSIM on has been purchased from abroad?

Greetings,
Seren

Thanks for your response @Seren 

yes, my iphone was bought from abroad. I don’t know it not support for eSIM. when I apply Simyo eSIM, I select Apple-->iPhone 12. Then I download Simyo app, and tried to active & download the eSIM, it showed the mobile not support. then I use Google Pixel 4 tried to downlaod the eSIM, it also failed. Now I can’t active the eSIM, as my iPhone not support eSIM, so I ask if I can have an new number which eSIM type is for Android not iOS.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Thanks for your response @Seren 

yes, my iphone was bought from abroad. I don’t know it not support for eSIM. when I apply Simyo eSIM, I select Apple-->iPhone 12. Then I download Simyo app, and tried to active & download the eSIM, it showed the mobile not support. then I use Google Pixel 4 tried to downlaod the eSIM, it also failed. Now I can’t active the eSIM, as my iPhone not support eSIM, so I ask if I can have an new number which eSIM type is for Android not iOS.

I am very sorry to tell you that, unfortunately, our eSIM does not work on phones that are bought aboard. This has to do with the software. If you would like, I could send you a physical SIM card. For now, this would be the only option. 

Thanks @Seren. That’s OK, I don’t need physical SIM. I will try to ask someone have me to active it in iPhone first, then replace it in my Google Pixel 4.

Reageer