Beantwoord

No service with my new eSIM, how can i get it to work?

• 22 November 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 165 Bekeken

Hello!

Yesterday, I downloaded and activated my new eSim on iPhone SE, however, I don’t have any Service or internet. My phone does support dual sim function and I changed this eSim in my phone setting to a primary SIM, since I already have one physical SIM with my foreign phone number. In the Simyo app, it says that the eSIM should be active. Can you think of a reason, why it is not working and what should I check?

Thanks a lot for your help!

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 23 November 2023, 17:04

Bekijk originele reactie

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sida,

Thanks for your message. I also see that your eSIM should be active. If I understand correctly, you don't have any service. Have you tried restarting your phone or manually selecting a network? And also, are you using eSIM on a phone that was bought abroad? Unfortunately, eSIM does not work on phones bought abroad, this has to do with the software. So this might be the reason it is not working. However, please let me know if selecting a network manually works.

Greetings,
Seren​​​​​​​

Hi Seren,

thank you for your suggestions. I tried restarting my phone and also tried selecting different networks manually, but still no Service on my Dutch eSim. I bought the phone from Amazon last year, but I don’t think that should be an issue.

Let me know if you can think of any other solution. Otherwise, should I try deleting the eSim from my phone and try reinstalling it?

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sida,

I am sorry to hear that your eSIM is still not working. It is possible that the phone you bought on Amazon was from abroad, which is why the eSIM is not working. However, I do recommend deleting your eSIM and reinstalling it again, perhaps this might work. There is a possibility that you can not receive the validation code through SMS, in that case, you can contact our customer service so they can manually send you the validation code via email. Can you let me know if reinstalling your eSIM ends up working? 

Greetings,
Seren

Hi Seren,

re-installing the eSim worked and it’s ok now! Thanks for your time and help.

Hi, I am having the same issue. I deleted my esim but I am not sure how to re-install it again? Could someone please help me. I used to have a different dutch sim card with a dutch number. When I added the first esim it wasn’t tied to any phone number. I managed to link my account to the correct phone number but now since I have deleted the esim I can’t seem to re-add it.

Thanks!

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Seren,

re-installing the eSim worked and it’s ok now! Thanks for your time and help.

I am happy to hear that it works now! You are very welcome! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi, I am having the same issue. I deleted my esim but I am not sure how to re-install it again? Could someone please help me. I used to have a different dutch sim card with a dutch number. When I added the first esim it wasn’t tied to any phone number. I managed to link my account to the correct phone number but now since I have deleted the esim I can’t seem to re-add it.

Thanks!

Hi @mhugo,

To reinstall the eSIM you need to log in to your Mijn Simyo account (you log in with your 06-number and password). Once you are logged in, you go to Instellingen > Simkaart when you scroll down, you should see the option to download the eSIM. Once you go through the process, it will ask you for a validation code. If you can not receive this code via SMS, you can shoot me a private message. I will then send you the validation code via email. For a step-by-step instruction on how to install eSIM, I recommend you read this FAQ: Hoe activeer ik eSIM? It is written in Dutch, but you can always use a translator to translate it to your preferred language. If you have any other questions, please let me know :). 

Greetings, 
Seren

Reageer