Skip to main content

Hi all

I have travelled home (to the UK) for a couple of weeks and my father has bought me a new iPhone.  Using the iPhone transfer process and transferring eSIM across through that, will my Simyo eSIM be transferred and remain active or does this need to be done in the Netherlands.  Ideally I need to get the transfer done while here but cannot be without my Dutch number as needed for a bunch of OTPs.

Many thanks

It should be possible to transfer the simcard while abroad.

One tip I will give: Do not delete the esim from your previous iPhone until the new esim is active on your new iPhone.

I believe the eSim cannot be transferred using Apple's transfer options, but you should be able to install a replacement eSim onto your new iPhone using the Simyo app. During that proces your old IPhone should receive a SMS code, which you need to fill into the Simyo app on the new iPhone. Once installation of the eSim succeeded the eSim in the old iPhone should become inactive and can then be deleted.

Hoi @AR2005,

Thank you for your message. 

I see that @Groentjuh answered your question already. Thank you for your help! 😊

If there are any questions left feel free to ask.

Greetings,
Ashley

Reageer