Beantwoord

Why did I have high costs for internet usage for my prepaid?

• 25 November 2023
  • 10 reacties
  • 116 Bekeken

Their basic prices are 15 times higher than the most expensive data charged in the UK. €40 for data used alone for the receiving of six email, all six the welcome emails from Simyo. 

Their service is an absolute criminal enterprise. They offered no option to buy data bundels until the point where they say you’re balance in too low, more minutes after topping up.

i would immediately disassociate yourselves with this bunch of thieves. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 27 November 2023, 11:33

Bekijk originele reactie

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

<Removed some part>

Can you explain what you did (e.g, what subscription etc) and what happend we can not do anything for you. 

<Removed by Admin>

All I did was receive six of their welcome emails and I was CJ agree €9 each time for twenty seconds worth of reading their emails.  Reel your neck in, pal. You’re out of order. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

But again, explain your problem. Then we might be able to help,

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Yes, data outside of data bundles is ridiculously expensive, but it is fine IF you stay within the bundles. So I guess you either:

• Used data, while your data bundle was all used for this month.
  • Used data, while your data bundle was not active. Possibly because you're waiting until a number has been ported to Simyo.
  • You do not have any data bundle.
  • You were on a ferry between the UK and NL and therefore were connected with some network with even more insane roaming fees and used data while connected to that network. Sadly those fees aren't even only an issue with Simyo; Many providers do actually have those.

In case you did not notice, Wimj12 and I are just customers. Moderators (= Simyo staff) rarely pops up in the weekend.

They didn’t illuminate any option to buy a data bundle until the moment after they announce that I’d used all my credit. They’re cheats and frauds and they’re going to pay a thousand-fold for the damage they’ve done to by bank balance. 

they’ve left me near penniless and in desperate need. The deserve every cent of damage coming to them. 

Insane roaming fees? This network’s standard rates are fifteen times the cost of Telenor Maritime’s rates. Their basic rate is 15x the cost of the most expensive rates found elsewhere. 

The Dutch folk ar wiser to getting shafted financially with ridiculously high costs for everything, but I am not. And unlike the Dutch, I’m willing to take real and physical action against these bandits. The locals may be gutless, I am not. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Now we're getting somewhere! Apparently prepaid without data bundle…

It's not like it isn't mentioned on the main prepaid page.

Onze tarieven

Bellen (per minuut) € 0,10
SMS’en (per bericht) € 0,10
4G Internet (per MB) € 0,15

And right next to it:

Extra internetbundels

150 MB € 5
500 MB € 7,50
1000 MB € 10
2000 MB € 12,50
Onbeperkt MB’s (lage snelheid) € 10

The only remaining tip I can give: It is possible to disable data access for your connection in "Mijn Simyo”. Likely you can do so on this page by switching off: " Internetten in Nederland ” and " Internetten in het buitenland ” and finally after a few minuten restarting your phone.

Monday a moderator (= Simyo staff) will probably respond. I do not know if and how they can assist you further.

Very good, however you failed to recognise the fact the data was consumed alone in the receiving of their six welcome emails. I had literally no time to choose any bundle before those emails consumed up to €40 worth of credit. Oh, and two text messages, how decadent and wasteful of me. 

It’s a scam. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @Itsascam,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you have incurred costs outside your bundle. I can understand you want to know how this happened. Furthermore, I took a look at your subscription and saw that you have a prepaid subscription. Because you did not have an internet bundle, you were charged our tariff of €0.15 per MB. However, I do want to let you know that this is not a scam, and we are not thieves. We did send two warning messages, stating you were using internet without a bundle and also letting you know our tariff.

I can understand that this was not your intention (as you said, these were because of the e-mails that you got at that moment). I will be in talks with our financial department to discuss this matter. Could you send me a private message with your information? We can continue our conversation over there. 

At last, I kindly ask you, @wimj12, to edit your first reply, the comment about the UK is very unnecessary and can be received as hurtful. I also kindly ask you, @Itsascam, to edit part of your comment aswell. We would like to keep this forum respectful and friendly. 

Thank you, @Groentjuh, for your help on this topic. 

Greetings,
Seren

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

@Seren:

I removed some part of my first posting. It was indeed unnecessary.

@Itsascam 

Sorry for my reaction. I had no intention to hurt you; and sorry if I did so.

Reageer