Vraag

Why does the connection constantly drops when i'm videocalling with Facetime of Whatsapp?

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 31 Bekeken

Badge

Hi all,

I’m a Simyo customer about 4 months now and I have a frustrating problem about video calls over mobile network. I’m facing this problem since the beginning but I’m really tired of this.

So the problem is whenever I have a video call over mobile network on Whatsapp or FaceTime (voice calls as well for FaceTime, not tried on Whatsapp though), it constantly drops every minute or so and reconnects. I’ve already checked it’s not related to connection because it happens even I have a full 4G connection (most of the time it is that way).

Could you help me with this?

Kind regards,

Admin: Title updated for findability. 

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Elendil_the_Tall,

Thank you for your message. Good of you to get in touch! 

I can imagine this is very frustrating. What type of device are you using and is the software completely up to date? I have just performed a reset so that any blockages are lifted and resubscribed to the network. Could you turn the device off for 10 minutes so the reset can complete? 

I would love to hear if after this you are able to video call with a good connection. 

Greetings,
Amy

Badge

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the response, I’m using iPhone 11 with up-to-date iOS 16. All of the applications are up-to-date as well.

I’ve applied the solution and unfortunately, it didn’t work :( 

I’ve tested with 3 people 1 from Whatsapp 1 from FaceTime and 1 from both and all of them still have the issue.

Kind regards,

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Elendil_the_Tall,

Thank you for your response. What a shame the reset didn't help! 

Could you perhaps test the SIM card in another device so we can find out where the problem is? 

I look forward to your response!

Greetings,
Amy

Badge

I’m using eSIM and currently don’t have a separate phone that I can use unfortunately :(

Is there anything else that we can do?

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Elendil_the_Tall,

We can reinstall the eSIM, who knows, maybe this will give improvement to the connection during video calling!

To do this, you need to remove the eSIM through the settings of the device itself. You do this through Settings > Mobile Network > Remove Mobile Subscription.

If you have done this, you can reinstall the eSIM via the My Simyo app via Instellingen > Simkaart > Overstappen naar eSIM. You can then click on ''Geen toegang tot sms berichten''. This way you can download the eSIM by means of an iDEAL payment of €0,01. 

If this does not work, please send me a private message with your personal data so I can send you the validation code by e-mail. 

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer