Beantwoord

Why is VoLTE (4G calling) not working with Galaxy S22 Ultra?

• 13 December 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 126 Bekeken

Badge

Hello,

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra bought here in NL, and even though I have enabled “VoLTE calls” in settings → connections → mobile networks, I still don’t see the VoLTE icon in the status bar. I know VoLTE on the phone works with another SIM from another provider. Any tips on this?

P.S. Wi-Fi calling does work. Only VoLTE doesn’t work.

Thanks

icon

Beste antwoord door Groentjuh 13 December 2022, 15:45

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Wi-Fi calling does work. Only VoLTE doesn’t work.

I believe VoWiFi requires VoLTE to work, so if that works VoLTE should be working as well. When calling, are you dropping back to 2G/3G? In case you are not, calls are on VoLTE.

Badge

Hello @Groentjuh!

Thanks for this. Indeed if VoLTE is enabled, I keep being on 4G+ when calling, and when I disable VoLTE, I drop to 3G. So it seems like only the VoLTE icon doesn’t show in the status bar. A bit weird that way, but at least I know VoLTE is actually working!

Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @kalpik,

Thankyou for your message. How inconvenient that this didn't seem to work! I see that @Groentjuh has already given you the correct information on this and it seems to work now, good to see! 

@Groentjuh Heel erg bedankt voor je reactie, dit helpt enorm 😊!

With this link you can find more information about VoLTE/4G calling on our website. If you have any other questions please let us know! 

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer