Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Is this fraud?

• 10 September 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 159 Bekeken

Hi everyone, i’ve just received 120 euros extra in charges in a very quick time period yesterday.  September 9th at 4am to 6am i was in bed asleep at home? Could someone please confirm what is going on here. 

I

Did you get warning SMS that you have used your full bundel (message for 80 and 100 percent)?

Are you having Apple or Android?

At Simyo you pay 0,15 euro/MB if you do not have a data package or have depleted your data package. I guess you ran out of data in your data package and continued to use more data.

Hi @trevayneobrien,

Thank you for your message. I can imagine that you are shocked by the costs. You say the costs were incurred while you were sleeping. When you're not on your phone, you're still using the internet. It is possible that your WiFi connection has been lost, causing your device to switch to 4G. I recommend turning of the “wifi-assist” in your phone. This is an option that is enabled by default in your device. If this option is enabled, you give your device permission to automatically switch to 4G if the WiFi connection is weak.

I would like to see if we can meet you once with the costs, because I understand that this happened unconsciously. You can send me a private message for this with your phone number and personal data. I'll grab your connection and see what's possible.

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Hi everyone, i’ve just received 120 euros extra in charges in a very quick time period yesterday.  September 9th at 4am to 6am i was in bed asleep at home? Could someone please confirm what is going on here. 

I

I don’t know here in Netherlands but in spain it is a fraud and I’m not 100% sure if it is Spanish law or EU consumers right to not pay any kind of charge provided the way how simyo does, I supposed to have 15GB and 200min instead of receive the bundle and they charged me just like you without any alert, it is clear that they know this is completely wrong because I saw a lot of comments where they answer non-sense sfuff like blaming android users or trying to convince them that your device had some technical issues and spent extra data….Don’t you let yourself convince by these guys please report this because it is wrong and it has to change UE law should support these practice to the consumers, I bet thousands of people have the “issue” every year just with 10k is about 1M€ and doesn’t make sense that they didn’t fix damn thing people still failing in simyo’s issues, well or “““issues”””… nowadays I didn’t receive my 15GB and 200min and they expect me to pay non-sense hidden charges…. Mafia practice basically 

Hello @Tok,

Thankyou for your message. I understand that you are a bit shocked of the extra costs! 

I just took a quick look on your subscription and is see that you asked voor number porting. The transfer from the number will happen on 19-08-2023, you also had an e-mail about this! Also, in the first 3 e-mails we send you we give information about not using the simcard before the transfer date. You will make extra costs because you then use the temporary number, the bundles are not active on the temporary number. 

Can you send me a private message with your personal information? I will check what can do for you about the costs 😊.

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer