Beantwoord

Charged 100 euros in 10 minutes, how is this possible?

• 17 January 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 29 Bekeken

Badge

Hello,

I am writing to ask for some assistance regarding an issue I have encountered with my internet consumption, as many seem to have also experienced… Apparently I exceed my internet bundle, my number has been blocked and now Simyo is charging me 100 euros for internet fees outside of the bundle I choose to pay. As a student, I think is very upsetting to choose a plan that costs cheaper (10 euros a month) and be faced with a bill that costs almost my yearly bill of internet and telephone usage. Moreover, the 100 euros charge has occurred in only 10 minutes of out of the bundle internet (from 19:16 to 19:26). My phone was on Do Not Disturb when I got at the same minute the SMS from Simyo saying I had got to 80% of my bundle and that the internet was over (I have a screenshot), which I also find a bit strange.

These fee really put me in a very difficult financial position. I literally downgraded my bundle 3 days ago because of my financial situation, and I was using the Wi-Fi, so I really don’t know what happened. If someone can please assist me I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 18 January 2024, 16:41

Bekijk originele reactie

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @yomak,

Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear that you made costs outside of your bundle. At Simyo, we are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data limit. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always without delay. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the tariff is from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to turn off the internet or to buy an internet bundle. From our side, we do our best to warn our customers in time. The best thing to do is to turn off your internet when you recieve these messages. Have you seen these messages? 

I would like to take a look at your subscription, can you send me a private message with your information? 

Greetings,
Seren

Reageer