Beantwoord

400€+ Phone bill, what happened?

• 28 September 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 56 Bekeken

I just found out that I was charged more than 420 euros, for 2 weeks of data usage outside of my data pack. I barely use my mobile data when I'm out and I'm always connected to wifi at home and at uni.

I've been using Simyo for over a year now, and have never had data usage this high ever and rarely crossed my data limit. I've been charged 8 euro every 5 mins of a day. 

Surely this has to be some kind of error? Goes without saying that I absolutely cannot afford this it's the same as my monthly rent. 

I'm not sure what to do 

icon

Beste antwoord door Roeqajja 28 September 2023, 14:18

Bekijk originele reactie

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @Brokestudent,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about extra charges outside your bundle due to internet usage!

We at Simyo are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data cap. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always leading. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the tariff is from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to turn off the internet or to buy an internet bundle. From Simyo, we do our best to warn our customers in time. If you have incurred high costs outside your bundle within a short period of time, we will block your SIM card as a precaution and send an e-mail about this. 

If you have an Android phone, I would like to share the tip to set a data limit via the settings in your phone to avoid this in the future. On our website we have a blog with more useful internet saving tips, I recommend reading it carefully. 

We can imagine that you haven't consciously incurred the costs. I would therefore like to help you and see what we can do about this. Would you like to send me a private message with your personal details? I can't promise anything for now, but we can look at the possibilities together. :)

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Reageer