Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Please help - simcard blocked + extremely high consumption costs, while connected by WIFI?

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 reacties
  • 41 Bekeken

Dear all,

Please can you contact me asap? I have extremely high cost ( nearly 400 euros ) because I was out of my bundel.

I received the message that my sim was blocked  twice, at different times. Meaning the sim was not blocked properly the first time ( when only I have an extra consume of 120 euros). Then I connected through wifi to try to solve the problem, and the bill started to go up and up and up. At the time I was connected by wifi, in my account appears I was still consuming data. How is that possible? Only stops if I am completely disconnected of internet.

Hoping to hear very soon from you, thanks

Maria

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @ruipe001,

Thank you for your message. I can imagine that you were shocked by these costs. At Simyo, we recently added the feature of a data cap. The data cap is a feature that allows you to browse the internet worry-free, without having to worry about extra costs outside your bundle. It ensures that your internet connection automatically stops as soon as you have used up your internet bundle, preventing unexpected costs. The data cap is available for internet use in the Netherlands and zone 1 (EU). 

For the data cap, you only pay €0.50 per month, which is automatically added to your monthly bill. Without the data cap, you pay €0.15 per MB outside your bundle. I would suggest enabling this feature so you won't have unexpected high costs outside of the bundle. You can do this in the Mijn Simyo app.

If you don't enable the data cap, Simyo will always send you two warning SMS messages when you have reached 80% and 100% of your bundle. The app is not always in sync with your actual usage, but the text messages we send are directly from the network and are the most accurate. To avoid high costs, it is advisable to switch off 4G on your phone as soon as you receive the text message at 100%.

If you incur high costs outside your bundle within a short period of time, we will block your SIM card as a precaution and send you an email about this. We try to block the SIM card from €100, but because usage is processed with a delay in our system, the costs can exceed €100 depending on how many MBs have been used.

It is important to know that as long as the internet connection on the SIM card is active, there is always a chance that data will be used, both consciously and unconsciously. This can happen, for example, through updates or applications that remain active in the background.

Of course, I understand that this was not intended on your part. This is why I would like to take a look at your subscription with you. Can you send me a private message?

Greetings,
Seren

Thanks for your reaction. I spoke by phone with one of your colleagues and we found a solution/arrangement together.

So this is solved. I will request as suggested to enable the data cap. 

Best regards.

Reageer