Beantwoord

Waarom krijg ik een simkaart error?

I ordered a sim last week, and received it two days ago (15 March). I have tried it on two phones (iphone 6 and lumia 630), and both phones do not detect the sim or show a sim error. Can you tell me what the problem might be, and what can I do about it?

Regards,
Dhruv
icon

Beste antwoord door Angela 18 March 2016, 09:46

Bekijk originele reactie

12 reacties

Hi dhruvkhandelwal.

Welcome at the Simyo forum...

It depends on what kind of sim you have ordered. Sim only (post paid) or prepaid.
When you are a sim only (post paid) customer, then this is to do...

When you ordered a new or replacing simcard you have to activate the sim on Mijn Simyo.

https://mijn.simyo.nl/instellingen#tab_simkaart

Best regards.
Friesian
I ordered a prepaid sim.
Then wait for an moderator. He or she will help you further. Response within 24 hours.
Okay, thanks for the information!
At your service... Glad to be helpfull !
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi dhruvkhandelwal,

Also on my behalf, welcome to the Simyo Forum.

How inconvenient that your SIM card is not being recognized by your phone. We are going to solve this!

At this moment I have done a reset of the settings on your simcard. This will make sure that it will be re- registered on the network. I want to ask you to turn your phone off and restart it after 10 minutes. In these 10 minutes, you can remove the simcard and check it for scratches of dust. Of course I would like to hear if this solved your problem.

If not, we will looked at other options :)

@Friesian, thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Angela
Hi Angela,

Thanks for the response. I tried the steps you suggested. I still get a "missing or invalid sim" error from my lumia 630. Any other suggestion?

Regards,
Dhruv
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Dhruv,

That's strange! Everything on the network looks fine. Your simcard doesn't seem to connect 😞 Did you try it in another phone? Do you have the possibility to test a good working simcard in your phone? So that we know there is no problem with your phone?

If the test points out that your phone is working fine, I will make sure you get a new simcard. Of course this one will be free of charge. Keep me posted?

Best regards,
Angela
Dear Angela,

As I pointed out earlier, I did try the sim on two phones, a lumia 630 and an iphone 6. It didn't work on both. On my lumia 630, I normally use another simyo sim, which works just fine. On the iphone, there used to be a vodafone sim, which also worked fine. So, it's safe to say nothing is wrong with the phones.

Regards,
Dhruv
Reputatie 5
Badge +8
Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for your reaction.

My colleague probably didn't see that you already tried the simcard in two phones :$

Since the simcard is not working properly, I will send you a new one free of charge.

This card will be deliverd withing three working days.

Greetings,
Sean
Hi Sean,

Thanks for information!

I'd also like to ask - is there a way of doing this faster? I needed this sim because my sister is visiting me for 3 weeks. And now, already more than 2 weeks have passed. So, I might not have much use of the sim now. So, how could I have rushed this process?

Regards,
Dhruv
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Dhruv,

I'm sorry 😞 There is no faster way to get you a new simcard. In most cases, the simcard will arrive earlier. With a bit of luck, it wil be delivered on Saturday. Otherwise it will be on Tuesday because of Easter. I apologize for the fact we can;t help any faster :(

Will you keep us posted?

Best regards,
Angela

Reageer