Skip to main content
Hello,

I have just received a sim card and I'm trying to install it in my sony xperia Z3 compact. But the phone does not detect any sim card when I put the Simyo one...

My phone is not simlocked, I have bought it in an electronic shop, not affiliated to any phone operator. The phone works perfectly with my previous sim card but doesn't recognized the Simyo one at all... I have tried switch on and off many times.

I have tried to scroll the other forums with my basic understanding of Netherlands but I have not found any solution so far.

Can anyone help me on this? I am paying for an abonment I am not using as for now...!

Thank you very much,

Pierre.
To rule out any issues with the card, can you put it in somebody else's simlock free phone and see if it is detected?
Hi Pierre,

Welcome at our forum.

How inconvenient that your phone doesn't recognize our SIM card! Especially since your old SIM card seems to work fine in this phone

Scotsman has given you the tip to test our SIM card in another phone. If this test has a negative outcome, we will know that the problem lies with the SIM card. Should this be the case, we will send you a new SIM card. It is important that we rule out other problems before we send you one. Keep me posted?

@Scotsman, bedankt voor je hulp :)

Best regards,

Angela
Hello again,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have tried the sim card in another phone and in doesn't work neither :(

The other phone says "Please insert a sim card" ... so I think the problem comes from it.

What should we do next?

Cheers,

Pierre.
Hi PierreK,

If the simcard doesn't work in another phone it is probably damaged. Therefore I'm going to send you a new simcard. This card will be delivered after the weekend.

Greetings,

Sean
Did he activate the new simcard before installing in the phone?
Hi Raytje,

Yes, his simcard was activated.

Greetings,

Sean
Ok, didn't saw it in the topic, thats why i asked 🙂
No problem 🙂 Good that you asked!

Reageer