Skip to main content

I don’t see an option on my new iphone in the Instellingen>Simkaart section of the Simyo app that reads “eSIM” like in my old phone. Please walk me through the steps of how I can re-activate my eSIM on my new phone while in the US.

Thanks!

Hi @Jillian03,

Thank you for your message. How weird that you don't see the eSIM option in the Mijn Simyo app!

It could be that your phone is not eSIM-enabled. Which phone do you have? And did you buy it abroad?

I'd love to hear from you!

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Thanks for your reply, Roeqajja. I have an iPhone 15 Pro and yes, I recently bought it in the United States. 
Since posing the question, I have since learned the cell phone provider locks the phone for 60 days as a matter of policy, which was never communicated to me. So I expect that could be why the eSIM option isn’t showing up. Is there any work-around that you’re aware of?

Thanks again!

Jill

Hello @Jillian03,

Thank you for your reply. In this case it is unfortunately not possible to download the eSIM because the device was purchased abroad. The software does not allow this. We can send you a physical SIM card. If you want this, you can send me a private message with your personal details and I will be happy to arrange this for you.

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer