Beantwoord

Why can i not download the eSIM on my iPhone 11?

• 27 December 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 61 Bekeken

Badge

Hi,

I’ve moved to the Netherlands and I wanted to acquire an eSIM for my usage. I’ve decided to get a prepaid eSIM from Simyo as my friend’ suggestion. I’ve opened my account and from the website I’ve confirmed my phone(iPhone 11) is eligible for eSIM usage. My login details came with email and I’ve downloaded Mijn Simyo app from App Store. But, when I tried to logging in, the app says that my phone is not support eSIM service as you can see from the screenshot below.

I’ve searched the internet about it, I’ve checked that my phone is sim unlocked and it’s unlocked. I’ve also changed my store country to the Netherlands as well, it didn’t work. I’ve tried to remove my physical sim and it didn’t work either. Rebooting phone, reinstalling app didn’t work either.

Please help me with this problem because I’ve just moved here and I cannot use my physical sim and I don’t have time for getting a new physical sim either.

I’m looking for your replies, thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

icon

Beste antwoord door Amy 27 December 2022, 12:31

Bekijk originele reactie

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Elendil_the_Tall,

Thankyou for your message. How inconvenient that you can't download the eSIM! If you bought your phone abroad, it is possible that it is not compatible with our eSIM. I would like to know if you have the latest version of the software on your device, could you check this for me? 

If the phone was not purchased abroad, could you send me a private message with your 06 number and personal details? Then I can submit this to our technical department.

Greetings,
Amy

Badge

Hi,

Yes the phone has been bought abroad, from Turkey to be specific. My iOS version is 16.1.1 I am attaching my about page screenshots below. I am also sending my 06 number to you as well.

Thank you for your time.

Reageer