Beantwoord

usage of internet

• 25 July 2013
  • 2 reacties
  • 1092 Bekeken

Dear Simyo,
I have an 500mb Abonnement and in recent two months, I discovered that the usage of cellular internet shown on mijn simyo seems more than my actual use.
yesterday I have switched off the cellular data on my phone (iphone5). which means I should only be able to connect to internet while I am connected with a wifi, however, today when I check mijn simyo, I still found that the rest of internet data is getting less. 

at both my work and home, there are wifi available, that also indicates, I only need internet data Abonnement while I am only my way (30mins only) or when I am outside.

could you maybe help me out of here that if there is anyway to check whether the cellular data was being mis-calculated or mis-used.
thanks in advance. 

grz

Kun

btw. I just went through my data usage again on mijn simyo, which gives very very wired information, normally, every day morning at 8:00 and evening at 20:00, I am at home with wifi, and to my surprise, these are the two period has the most cellular usage. another question, I never send any sms to UK on the 16th and neither know the number.
could anyone help me out here? thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Scotsman 25 July 2013, 17:09

Bekijk originele reactie

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9
I'm pretty sure the mystery will be solved - or at least better understood - if you install the apps Onavo Count and DataWiz. Both are free from the App Store and when used in combination, they show you a) which apps have been busy downloading data, b) how much data was downloaded (Onavo Count uses an extraneous method, thereby ensuring maximum accuracy), c) what time of the day the downloads took place, d) where you were when the data was downloaded. I find these two apps indispensible (I also own an iPhone 5), however, they are not officially recognised by Simyo, so in case of a dispute, Simyo will use their own data when calculating the amount of money you owe.

It is known that iPhones have found sneaky ways to connect to the internet via cellular even if you are in a WiFi area. There is only one way to completely stop access to the Simyo cellular data network, which is by switching off internet access in Mijn Simyo. This does not affect access to the internet via WiFi.

If you find that unexplained text messages are sent to the UK, the most likely explanation is that you activated FaceTime and/or iMessage. This results in one or more text messages being sent to an Apple server in the UK. This is a one-off event so long as you don't inactivate and subsequently re-activate those two apps.

Hope this helps.
Reputatie 5
Badge +10
Welcome to the Simyo forum kunnieinnuk,

The information from Scotsman is correct. You can find more info about Facetime and iMessage if you typ in the Phonenumber +47786205094 in a search engine on the internet. You can also find more information in this topic. You can also find a lot of usefull information in this topic (it's in Dutch).

However it's not a official Simyo app, Onavo is a very usefull app to manage your data usage.

Did I answer your question?

Greetings,

Alex

Reageer