Vraag

fout internetkosten fout 3G data

• 2 July 2012
  • 1 reactie
  • 253 Bekeken

Badge
Having seen all the reactions about the wrong cost for internet I have investigated it myself.
Being a new user it was very easy to do.

When 100% on Wifi and the celluar data/3g is set to ON on my iphone....SImyo IS counting this data traffic as used on the 3G.

THIS IS WRONG!!!!!! Wifi data IS NOT 3g data!!!!

When 100% on Wifi and celluar data/3G is set to OFF on my iphone.....there is of course NO data traffic for Simyo.

The explanation for this in the forum is ....that the Wifi is not available and the 3G 'kick-in' ....is of course complete RUBBISH!!!
Even sitting next to my wifi router.....Simyo STILL counts it as 3G data

Only 2 explanation for this:

1. There is a MAJOR problem with the way Simyo identifies 3G/Celluar data thus making it impossible for them to recognise the difference;
2 This is a way for Simyo to make money!

Either way , I have stopped my abonement ( after 2 days) since I can not be ceratin of their charging structure !

ThanksĀ 
Paul

1 reactie

Reputatie 5
Badge +10
Welcome to our forum smipa08,

Your mobile phone always tries to connect with the strongest network. When your mobile data is switched on and your wifi connection is on, your phone can technically connect with our network. When the mobile data is switched of (like you said) it's not possible to connect to the Simyo network.

Greetings,

Simyo

Reageer