Skip to main content
Dear Simyo,

I had a previous experience with Simyo earlier this year where I recieved a huge bill. After a long phone call to Simyo the issue was resolved the bill was mostly rescinded. In this phone call I requested that in the future that I would like to never even be allowed to go voer my bundle. That if my bundle was over for the month, that it would not allow me to access the internet. I requested this becuase I do not speak Dutch, so SMS's I recieve I cannot understand anyway. So this was the safest option for me not to be overcharged.

Anyway, I have just recieved a large bill agian in November for "outside my bundle".

Why has this happened again and can we please resolve this so that it never happens again.
There is no mechanism with Simyo to stop you from going over your bundle. You will always be able to continue accessing the internet after your monthly allowance is used up. This is, as you have experienced, quite a costly affair. However, you do get warning text messages (at 80% and 100% of your allowance used), but if you don't understand Dutch these will be of little help. I hate to say this, but it may be better for you to look for a provider where an automatic cut-off from mobile internet at 100% is possible.
From the previous phone the customer service person I spoke had actually told me this was possible with Simyo and that my settings had been updated to reflect that choice...

I guess maybe that customer service agent misunderstood my request or possibly lied to me??
Well, the question whether a cut-off could be applied after one's data allowance has run out has been raised here more times than I can remember. It is usually requested by parents who are faced with a huge bill that their kids have run up by inadvertently using mobile data while watching Youtube videos etc. Simyo's response goes generally along the lines of "to prevent huge bills for mobile internet usage, switch off mobile data on Mijn Simyo so that your kids can only use the internet via WiFi". But this is probably not going to work for you, since you want mobile internet access so long as your bundle hasn't run out. Like I said before, I am not aware of a mechanism whereby the data connection is stopped as soon as the bundle has expired. So yes, I think the customer service agent may have misunderstood you.
Hi cwinhall,

Welcome at the Simyo Forum!

I'm sorry to read that you've received a large bill for November. As Scotsman said it's not possible to cut-off your connection when your bundle is fully used. I cannot see that the customer service agent has told you that that's possible. I'm sorry.

Thank you for your help Scotsman 😳. I couldn't answer this better than you 😉.

If you got any questions after this, please let us know.

Best regards,

Estelle
Hi Estelle,

I only have one question of course... how can I resolve this issue? I am of course not happy about the charge and would like to dispute it.

Do I do this by phone or can I send you a direct message on this forum inr egards to it?
Hi Cwinhall,

Unfortunately we can't resolve this issue with you. I absolutely understand that you are not happy about the costs. We only give a compensation once. With this, we explain what you can do to prevent extra costs in the future. If it happens again, we do not give another compensation. I'm sorry!

You can check you usage via 'My Simyo' and via the textmessages we sent. The first textmessage says that you have used 80% of your bundle. The percentage is shown in figures so it must be understandable for you. The second messages says that you have reached the limit of your bundle.

Do you have any further questions about this?

Best regards,

Angela

Reageer