Beantwoord

Sudden exponential out of bundle costs, what is going on?

• 19 August 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 66 Bekeken

I find myself in the position that many here have found themselves after receiving high out of bundle cost suddenly after months of never having this problem. I am a poor student facing upwards of 200+ euros in out of bundle costs which I simply cannot afford. Rent and inflation have already pushed things closer than I’d like and this on top of it is just too much. My rent is not much more than this bill. I am unsure what to do. It has left a sour taste in my mouth as I feel these costs a very predatory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 21 August 2023, 14:25

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

The costs have gone up again while my phone was blocked! It’s now €304.89! That really is almost a months rent for me. I really can’t afford this and I’m scared it will keep going higher. I have my data off already since my phone got blocked. What can I do?

Hi @JamesH  

Today shall a moderator, an employee of customerservice respond to your topic. She will help you further.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @JamesH,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about the high costs that were incurred. At Simyo we do not have a data stop, but we do send several warnings once you reach the usage of 80% and 100% of your bundle. Have you seen these messages? Besides the warning messages, we also block your sim card when you are €100 or €250 over your regular subscription. When a lot of data is being used in a short amount of time, it can take a while for the system to process it. This is the reason your bill went up even after turning off your internet. However, it was the right thing to do to shut off your internet so no more cost can be made. 

It is good to know which app used this much data. Have you already looked into this?  It is at least good to know the cause of the extreme data usage on your phone so you can prevent this from happening in the future. If you need more tips on how to prevent unwanted usage, you can check out this blog

It is very understandable that you are not happy with the extra costs. I will discuss this with our financial department and see if I can help you in any way. Can you send me a private message with your 06-number, address, and email address? I will help you further there. 

Also @Friesian thank you for the help!

Greetings,
Seren

Reageer