Beantwoord

Please help - simcard blocked + extremely high consumption costs, what is going on?

• 20 August 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 66 Bekeken

I was surprised to see that I have over 200 euros to pay for my phone bill. I am a student and I don’t even have that much in my bank account to pay for such a bill. I truly cannot afford to pay for this.

I was not expecting these charges, nor was I expecting this kind of increase in data out of nowhere. Just today I saw that 3GB was used alone, leading to 23GB out of 20GB being used. I was using my phone normally and so this is strange to me.

I am also confused that I received an email that my data consumption is too high after my phone bill had exceeded 100 euros. Then, when I had gone onto my phone, the mobile data off, and logged into Simyo, I received another email stating that I now have a bill of over 250 euros. I am confused about how it is possible that in the time span between one email and the next I suddenly owe that much when I had not even been using data. There must be an issue with these costs. 

I am deeply disappointed in these high charges and do not understand how a pricing model like this is considered legal. 

It would be greatly appreciated if you could get back to me soon. Thank you :(

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 21 August 2023, 14:20

Bekijk originele reactie

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @polishtaco 

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about the high costs that were incurred. At Simyo we do not have a data stop, but we do send several warnings once you reach the usage of 80% and 100% of your bundle. Have you seen these messages? Besides the warning messages, we block your sim card when you are €100 or €250 over your regular subscription. When a lot of data is being used in a short amount of time, it can take a while for the system to process it. This explains why you saw the bill go up to €250. 

It is good to know which app used this much data. Have you already looked into this?  It is at least good to know the cause of the extreme data usage on your phone so you can prevent this from happening in the future. If you need more tips on how to prevent unwanted usage, you can check out this blog

It is very understandable that you are not happy with the extra costs, so I will make sure I discuss this with our financial department. Can you send me a private message with your 06-number, address, and email address? I will check for you right away.

Greetings,
Seren

Reageer