Vraag

High costs in short time, what can I do?

• 24 December 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 63 Bekeken

Hi, i need your help please. We were in Germany and this number belongs to my son, we were out the evening and when we came back he said his phones data is finished (he didn't even take his phone out with him) i then had a look on the app and saw his phone used used data from 10:23 to 10:26 and he is billed 440€ for that? How is that even possible surely it must be a system glitch? 

3 reacties

Hi @Christo 

What sort of Phone does your son have? Android or IOS (iPhone)? 

He has a iphone 13

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @Christo,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to read that costs have been incurred outside the bundle.

As soon as your internet bundle is used up, we send 2 warning messages at 80% and 100% usage of your bundle. I recommend that you pay close attention to these text messages in the future! In this we state that you pay €0.15 cents per MB as soon as your internet bundle is used up and that it is best to continue using the internet via WiFi or buy additional MBs via Mijn Simyo. We cannot see what your MBs have been used for due to privacy legislation, but you can sometimes find this in your phone itself. Depending on which device you have. Because you indicate that the consumption has increased in a very short time, I suspect that it was an update or download.

We have a blog on our website with data saving tips, perhaps this will come in handy in the future.

From your message I understand that you did not make the costs intentionally. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and personal details? I would like to discuss with the financial department whether we can reimburse the costs for once.

I look forward to your message.

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Reageer