Beantwoord

Why is my internet not working abroad?

• 3 October 2017
  • 15 reacties
  • 834 Bekeken

Hello,
I am in France and it is impossible for me to connect to Internet.
I tried a lot of different things but with no results.
I already sent an email to you last friday.
May I have an answer as soon as possible?
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Benoit SAID

Ik ben in Frankrijk maar ik kan geen internet gebruken. Ik heb al een bericht de vorige Vrijdag gestuurt. Kun U mij helpen?
Bedankt
icon

Beste antwoord door Els 3 October 2017, 16:53

Bekijk originele reactie

15 reacties

Hello benoit.
To have a control in advance.

Hallo benoit
Even ter controle.

APN
portalmmm.nl
Username KPN (gebruikersnaam)
Keyword GPRS or gprs. (Wachtwoord)

Sim only not prepaid?
(data) roaming

Online..
Mijn Simyo.
(Netwerk) instellingen - internet buitenland aan?
Thank you for your answer but I don't understand what you mean. When I subscribed to your 4g subscription, I was not aware that I had to be an IT guy.

Could you please be more clear?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Benoit
Dear benoit

I am a helping customer just like you.

My reaction is to help you in advance, a moderator of Simyo will also response on this topic.

I have mentioned a couple of settings you can check on your behalve.

https://www.simyo.nl/klantenservice/vragen/hoe-werkt-internetten-in-het-buitenland-bij-s-2575?c=412

So you didn't subscribe to my 4G.
I'm expecting that a reset is necessary, done by the moderator. But that's something you here from him/her.

I will follow this topic.
The moderator will help you further than I did and I am capable of.

Best regards.
Friesian
Reputatie 5
Badge +5
Hi Benoit,

Welcome to the Simyo Forum. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your internet connection right now. Don't worry, we're here to help you!

I see Friesian has made a start in explaining you something about the settings you need on your phone in order to be able to use the internet abroad. When all settings in your phone and on your network are in order, you should be able to use the internet. I've checked your network settings and see that they aren't set correctly yet. Please log on to Mijn Simyo and go to Instellingen > Netwerkinstellingen. On this page you can turn on 'internet in het buitenland' which means 'internet abroad'. When this is switched on, you should be able to use the internet again.

Will you keep us updated? :)

@ Friesian, bedankt voor je hulp!

Groetjes,
Els
Dear benoit

I am a helping customer just like you.

My reaction is to help you in advance, a moderator of Simyo will also response on this topic.

I have mentioned a couple of settings you can check on your behalve.

https://www.simyo.nl/klantenservice/vragen/hoe-werkt-internetten-in-het-buitenland-bij-s-2575?c=412

So you didn't subscribe to my 4G.
I'm expecting that a reset is necessary, done by the moderator. But that's something you here from him/her.

I will follow this topic.
The moderator will help you further than I did and I am capable of.

Best regards.
Friesian
Hi Friesian,

I am very thankful for your help. I am really sorry than you felt my frustration.
Sorry for that and once again, thank you very much for your help : It was very kind from you.

Have a nice evening.

Kind regards,
Benoit
Hi benoit.

There's no need to say sorry. A little extra advise for you. Monitor with your phone your data usage, set your phone on for example 80% of your limit. A safety build in is always wise to avoid costs.

The moderator asked for keeping us updated, will you let us know if internet is working?

Have a nice evening as well and perhaps you enjoy tomorrow morning croissants in France.
Gladly being helpful.
Friesian
Reputatie 5
Badge +5
Hi Benoit and Friesian,

Glad to see you're both on good terms 😃 As mentioned earlier, we're all here to help.

Could you update us on the internet-situation @ Benoit? :)

Kindest regards,
Els
@Frieslan

Thank you, it now works perfectly.

Have a nice day

Benoit
@Els

Hi,
It now works. Thank you very much.
It was not activated on your website as you mentionned it.
It was unfortunate as I could not use whatsapp for most of my stay and will have to pay calls from abroad.
May I have a commercial gesture?
THank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Benoit
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Benoit,

I'm glad it all works now 🙂 You know what? Because you asked, I've decided to add 1000 MB's to your connection. You can activate these MB's via Mijn Simyo. You'll see a present there, and once you've digitally opened it, the MB's will be added to your bundles.

Keep in mind that these MB's will only be active until the last day of this month.

Do you have any other questions?

Regards,
Jihane
Hi Benoit,

I'm glad it all works now 🙂 You know what? Because you asked, I've decided to add 1000 MB's to your connection. You can activate these MB's via Mijn Simyo. You'll see a present there, and once you've digitally opened it, the MB's will be added to your bundles.

Keep in mind that these MB's will only be active until the last day of this month.

Regards,
Jihane
Thank you very muchHi Benoit,

Regards,
Jihane
Hello,

Thank you very much for the present.

Unfortunately it stopped working yesterday. I don't know if it is a consequence of the addition of the new bundles or not but it stopped working with no reason.
I checked my account and the internet abroad is connected.
The name of the APN is portalmmm.nl
the username is KPN and the password is gprs.
In fact, I did not do anything....
Do you have an idea of what is going on again?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Benoit
Reputatie 5
Badge +5
Hi Benoit,

You're very welcome, of course. I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the internet connection again. Are you traveling around in the country? It can be that you're in an area where the network you're connected to is not strong enough to offer you a good internet connection.

To be sure I've just reset your sim card. Could you turn off your phone for five minutes? If this doesn't help, please try and manually select a different network.

Will you keep us updated?

Kindest regards,
Els

Reageer