Beantwoord

Unable to access the Internet in Germany. What can I do?

• 29 May 2016
  • 3 reacties
  • 239 Bekeken

Badge
  • Startend Simyaan
  • 2 reacties
Hi,

I have been traveling to Germany with my simyo card for many years, and never had a problem before. But since 1-may-2016, I cannot access the Internet (2G/3G/LTE) anymore.

The sim works perfectly fine when i m in NL.

I've kept the settings on mijn simyo as 'internet binnenland := AAN' and 'internet buitenland := AAN'

Of course, mobile data and data roaming are both set to ON, on my Samsung.

I've tried to select different network providers, no use ...

I've tried forcing my phone to use 2G only, or 3G only, no use ...

And I've tried warm-booting my phone as well as turning it off and on again. No luck.

:(

Can someone pls help?

N.
icon

Beste antwoord door neil 29 May 2016, 16:31

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Badge
PS: I am still able to make and receive calls to NL/DE, as well as send and receive SMSes when I m in Germany. Strange that only the Internet is not working!
Badge
Oké, I finally managed to fix it.

I had to create a new APN := portalmmm.nl, user := KPN, password := GPRS

Now the Internet works in Germany again!

I decided to make a new APN and not use an existing APN of mine, to prevent issues for when I am back in Holland.
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Neal,

Welcome to our forum!

How unfortunate that you couldn't get an internet connection in Germany. You've tested a lot!

I see you also managed to fix te problem 🙂 Sometimes it's necessary to create a new APN in the settings on your phone. This new settings will also work in Holland. This means you don't have to switch back to the old settings when you get back. Do you have any further question?

Thanks for sharing your solution with us. Maybe other members can solve their problems with the help of your solution :)

Best regards,
Angela

Reageer