Beantwoord

My internet isn't working in Germany. How do I fix this?

• 25 October 2018
  • 14 reacties
  • 1268 Bekeken

My package has internet in the UE and it is not working. Please can you resolve thid issue?
icon

Beste antwoord door Jihane 25 October 2018, 19:06

Bekijk originele reactie

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +10
HI alektonelli,

Welcome to the Simyo Forum!

Ah, bummer that you don't have an internet connection abroad! Can you still make phone calls and send text messages, or don't you have any connectivity at all?

I looked your account up and did a reset on your internet-option abroad. This means that all your settings will be reset on the network, which usually solves most problems. Can you turn your phone off for fifteen minutes and then turn it on again?

I also recommend that you change your APN-settings on your phone. The new APN-settings should be:

APN: internet
Username: KPN
Password: GPRS

Will you let me know if it works?

Kind regards,
Jihane
Jihane,

Sorry but this didn't work either. I've been one week in Germany and I was never able to use my mobile data, not a single day. I hired this company especially because you sell that "you were one of the bests in this matter".
I feel disappointed and I think at least I should get a refund for this.

Aleksandra
Try gprs instead GPRS.

HI alektonelli,
Can you still make phone calls and send text messages, or don't you have any connectivity at all?

Please answer this ☝️ question.
Hi Ray,

I was only able to make phone calls, and for the rest I did all that you suggested. When you restarted my system I have just received one SMS of yours "welcoming" me to Germany and that's all
This was not the deal I payed for, so I think I deserve a refund at least for the week I was not able to use mobile data. I'm back in the Netherlands now but I don't want to repeat this experience again. Also I think I need an explanation about why this didn't work at all.

Looking forward to your answer.

Aleksandra.
I am a customer as well. I cannot deside if you will get an refund, only a moderator can.
Sorry... let's wait for Jihane's answer then..
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi alektonelli,

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out! 😞 It is supposed to be working. The thing is that it's really hard to determine whether this was a simcard-issue or rather a phone-issue. The fact that you were able to get a connection with phone calls and text messages, suggests that it was a setting that denied you an internet connection. For example, did you have your roaming-button on in your settings?

I think it's important to get to the bottom of this before we think about things like refunds. Having that said, a refund in your case would constitute € 1,-, given that your internet bundle is € 4,- a month and you weren't able to use it for a week. I hope it's a given that I have absolutely no problem with giving you said refund, but I think it's more important to figure out what went wrong.

@ Ray, thank you for your replies!

Kind regards,
Jihane
Dear Jihane,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before I had switched on my roaming and my internet settings as you have suggested and it didn't work out. That is why, besides the refund I would really want to know for sure that this is not going to happen again. I agree that this is the main problem.

Thank you.
Regards,
Aleksandra.
Reputatie 2
Badge +1
Hi Aleksandra!

Nice to hear that we agree that the main point is to prevent this in the future. :)

Unfortunately, we cannot check if it works now. Next time you're abroad, I recommend you to switch your simcard into another phone, to check whether it's working or not. This way, we can see if it's a phone- or simcard-issue. This is very important!

Could you please let us know if your internet is working again? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sarah

Hello. Same happens to my line. No internet or just gprs data 

Please reset my line 

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Justoar,

Thankyou for your message. I'm sorry to read that you don't have internet in Germany! Did you try to select a netwerk manually

I also put a reset on the dataroaming from your simcard. Can you turn off the phone for 10 minutes so the reset can be finished? I would like to hear if it works after this 😊.

Greetings,
Amy

Hello. I was in Italy. 3G was working fine yesterday. 
now back in NL with 4G. No 5G

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Justoar,

We just had contact trough instagram. For next time we can have the conversation trough 1 channel to avoid confusion 😊.

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer