Beantwoord

Geen 3G/4G in NL, maar wel 'Internet in het Buitenland' .. kan dat?

• 12 February 2015
  • 5 reacties
  • 284 Bekeken

Badge
  • Startend Simyaan
  • 2 reacties
Hi,

I'm a very satisfied Simyo customer. I would like to turn off my 3G on my phone within NL and only use it when I am in EU-Zone-1

I assume that the following setting combination should do the trick:
  - 'Internet op je mobiel - Nederland' = OFF and
  - 'Internet op je mobiel - buitenland' = ON

Thus, I will pay €0,25 / MB when I use the internet on my Simyo phone in EU-Zone-1 (outside NL)

Is this correct? Or do I have to put both = ON in order to use the internet when I am abroad?

Alvast bedankt !
icon

Beste antwoord door Ernst 13 February 2015, 10:41

Bekijk originele reactie

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Interesting question. I always assumed the latter, i.e. putting both options to ON, but I just tried this in Mijn Simyo, and it turns out that you can have the buitenland option ON while having the Nederland option OFF. How this works out in practice I don't know, since I am not in Nederland at the moment, and I don't want to run up an expensive bill just for testing the buitenland internet here in the UK...
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
Hi neil, welcome on our forum :)

I moved your topic to subforum Buitenland. It's easier to find for other users like this.

Since you can turn both option on and off seperately the question is very legit.
However, the option 'Internet op je mobiel - Nederland' is the base option for the use of internet in general.
You have to have both options '[COLOR="#ff8c00"]aan[/color]' in order to use internet abroad.

Scotsman, thanks for the assistance!
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Hi neil, welcome on our forum :)

I moved your topic to subforum Buitenland. It's easier to find for other users like this.

Since you can turn both option on and off seperately the question is very legit.
However, the option 'Internet op je mobiel - Nederland' is the base option for the use of internet in general.
You have to have both options '[color="#ff8c00"]aan[/color]' in order to use internet abroad.

Scotsman, thanks for the assistance!

In that case it would be better if the buitenland option would be greyed out (or simply invisible) if the Nederland option is switched off. The impression one gets at the moment is indeed that the two switches work independently. 
Badge +8
Hi Scotsman,

True, that's a very good point. I will hang this suggestion on the Wall of Change tomorrow :)
Another nice improvement, things keep getting better. Makes you love this forum right 😉

Kind regards,
Charlene
Badge +8
As you can see I've put the idea on the wall 🙂

I will keep you posted!

Reageer