Beantwoord

Cannot receive SMS or calls while abroad what to do?

• 26 April 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 371 Bekeken

Hi,

Posting in English as my Dutch isn’t good.

I’m currently outside the EU (Nigeria) and I can no longer receive SMS messages or calls to my Simyo number. Calls go straight to voicemail, while SMS messages don’t get delivered.

Everything worked well initially, but then abruptly stopped.

I’m currently on a Sim-only 400mins / no internet contract.

Would really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Tessanne 27 April 2021, 14:36

Bekijk originele reactie

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Do you mean by “it worked initially” that it worked when you arrived in Nigeria, but after some time

it stopped working?

Then you settings are correct. I think, but a Simyo moderator can confirm or deny this, that you generated

to much “out of bundel” costs. And then your number will be blocked,

Can you check your mailbox wheter you have some mail from Simyo about this subject?

@wimj12 Yes. roaming worked fine for the first couple weeks. There are no additional costs listed on Mijn Simyo for the period I’ve been abroad.

Actually, now I believe the issues started when I changed my subscription. To minimise costs while away from the Netherlands, I cancelled the internet and reduced the calling plan to the lowest available option. 

Hoping a moderator can chime in.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Ok, lets wait for that. Today is Kings Day here, with limited support.

Did you try switch off and on your phone?

You may be able to manually choose a different network while waiting for a moderator to see if you have coverage.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Manny, 

Welcome the Simyo Forum!

I checked your account and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. No out of bundle costs so far, your account isn't blocked and the settings are all correct! 

That is why I decided to reset the simcard. Don't worry nothing will be lost with this reset, it will only help your simcard to reconnect to the current network. Can you please turn off your phone for at least 10 minutes? After that you can try to reconnect to the network! 

Will you let us know if the reset has worked? 

Thanks Wimj12 en Ray! 

Kind regards,

Tessanne 

Thanks a lot @Tessanne!

Calls and messages are now being received.

@wimj12 and @Ray, thanks also for your assistance with this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update, good to read!

Reageer