Skip to main content
Dear all,

I have prepaid symio which is used in the Netherlands. If I am trying to call it from foreign card roaming in the Netherlands I am always getting its symio answering machine. I disabled answering machine but it has not helped. Does anybody idea what is wrong?

Regards

Andrej
Hi Andy K,

Welcome to the Simyo Forum!

That sounds like an inconvenient problem! Firstly, I'd like to point out that your Simyo connection doesn't allow phone calls from abroad (or from roaming phones, for that matter). You can easily switch this on by logging on to your Mijn Simyo environment. Once you've done this, you'll be able to go to Instellingen (settings) > Netwerkinstellingen (network settings). On this page, you'll find the option for Bellen in en naar het buitenland, which roughly translates into 'Calling to and from abroad'. If you switch this function on, you'll be able to receive (and make) calls to foreign numbers.

If this doesn't work, we could try to disable your voicemail from our side. This would entail that you wouldn't be able to use your voicemail any longer altogether.

Will you keep me posted?

Best regards,

Jihane
Hi I changed in instelligen to buitenland but not success.Still I have answering machine if I am calling from abroad or roaming with foreign phone.

Regards
Just remind I changed those settings in Symio portal. Also I can not receive SMS message from foreign mobile number. What is wrong? Can simyo staff help to fix this issue? I am unhappy with that!
Jihane, I think andy k's problem is this: he has a Simyo prepaid card which is being used in The Netherlands. When he tries to ring this number using a foreign registered phone he immediately gets the Simyo voice mail. The fact that he is calling from a foreign mobile is probably irrelevant, since presumably anyone who calls his Simyo prepaid number will also be directed to the voice mail. Further, the prepaid number is unable to receive text messages. This suggests to me that this has nothing to do with andy k's roaming settings on Mijn Simyo, since he isn't roaming. What *is* causing the problem I don't know, but maybe some sort of reset on the network side of things may be in order.
Hi Andy K,

It's too bad that turning on the Bellen in het buitenland function didn't turn out to be the solution! I just did a reset on your simcard. Would you turn your phone off for fifteen minutes and then turn it on again? Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

If it doesn't, I would like to ask you some more questions: does this problem only occur when your being called (or texted) by foreign numbers? Scotsman thinks that the fact that these numbers are foreign is irrelevant, but I assumed that you only had this problem with foreign numbers (as I figured that you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place).

I'm looking forward for your reply!

@ Scotsman: Thank you for your reply! I wonder if the reset helps 😉 We'll see!

Best regards,

Jihane

Reageer