Skip to main content
Hi Simyo,

My galaxy s3 lately has been having this weird problem that it can connect to the simyo towers, but eventually would lose phone service and it would block the sim card for a while (as in, it would stop being detected for a while). Initially I thought it is a sim card issue, so I ordered another one, but same stuff happens with it as well. I also got the phone checked by Samsung, and they said they couldn't find a problem. Is there something you guys can do about it?

Cheers,

Nyo
bump                           
Bumb = it is solved?
Nope, not at all. Same stuff. Phone has been factory reset multiple times, to no avail. Radio is also not a problem, since if it doesn't have a sim card, radio displays full bars. Sometimes I just randomly get connection and it lasts for a couple of minutes, to a couple of hours, then (mostly when I move around), the phone connection disappears and i get the 'No service' thing. Reboot can fix it or not, going in and out of airplane mode also sometimes fixes it, but mostly not. Basically it is a totally random issue, so it is hard for me and Samsung to troubleshoot it. I doubt it is an issue on your end, but it is worth giving it a try, so that is why I am asking you guys if you have heard something like that happening to other clients of yours or if you can do something about it.

Regards,

Baba
It's hard to tell because as you said it's a random issue.

Has samsung test it with your simcard an other simcards, and also for some days?

What I can advice is to post this matter on a Galaxy S3 forum, because it's a phone issue.

Here is a link.

http://androidworld.nl/forum/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/
Hi baba,

Does Martijn®️'s tip help?

Maybe you can do a crosstest, try your simcard in another phone, or the other way around?

Please keep us posted!

Martijn®️; thanks for helping!
Hi guys. Well, sometimes factory reset seems to fix the issue for a couple of minutes, but then it occurs again. I am at a loss what is happening, tried some modem and pda firmwares, none seemed to make it work constantly. I am starting to think it is a hardware + software issue, which very elusive to find. But thanks guys for the help. The weirdest thing is I can't find a pattern when or where it happens, but seems to be. Radio of phone seems to have pretty good reception, especially when sim is not there, but when sim is there, radio totally loses signal, so it must be software from one part, but the part where it doesn't detect the sim card sometimes must be a hadware issue. So it must be mixed I guess, but I am pretty sure it is not on your end, guys.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

baba
Random issues are the most hardest. What about reinstalling the standard samsung software again. Or is it still on stock software, because you talk about PDA and firmwares.

Anyway i'll hope you will find the problem.
I did try with standard samsung firmware for NL with 4.1.2, and also with Europe International 4.3, to no avail. Then I reverted back to backup (4.1.2 again), worked for maybe 4 or 5 hours, but then I stupidly decided to reboot the phone and it stopped detecting again. Tried also with combination of phone and pda flashed and csc back to default, and the other way around, again, with variable results. 

I guess I'd just revert to stock settings and send it to Samsung again. Last time what they did was replace the SIM card slot (which took them 2 weeks, wow) and it did seem to solve it for a couple of days, but then it started happnening again. So it is either motherboard to sim card connection, motherboard itself, or some weird re-occurring software issue. Also, I have been looking closely in the phone log to see if there happens anything when it loses signal, but nothing in particular happens, no error message or anything.

I guess the reason why I didn't send it yet for repair for a second time is since I am a bit technical myself, I am a bit sceptical what Samsung's repair guys can do about it rather than just replacing it with a new phone. Because with my luck, when it arrives at their repair center, it is going to be one of those times when it randomly works, and they are not going to go the extra step and try it out more than 4 minutes.

But yeah, 

Thanks guys again. 

Wonderful service and support on Simyo part, as usual,

Kind regards,

baba
Thanks for the compliments, baba :o

Maybe you could check on your warranty...? Get Samsung to send you a new phone...
Yep, it is still in warranty to march 2014. I have been playing around with different firmwares and in latest international build 4.3 with old PDA and Modem for 4.1 it seems to work for a while. Already 3 days, and only small hickups while changing towers while in the train/car, but with 4.3 firmware it seems that it can refresh itself and go back on the network, especially if there is no 3g enabled. I guess I will try it out during the holidays and if it still gives me trouble, I'm gonna revert to stock firmware and send it back to Samsung so they can take (yet another) look at it.

Kind regards,

Baba
Dear baba,

Sounds like a good plan! 🙂

Reageer