Skip to main content

Hello.

I have activated an esim subscription on an iphone.

If I need to change my iphone to another one, what should i do to keep my current esim?

Thank you.

Hi @Stefane111,

Thank you for your message. Good thing you contacted us about this!

You can re-install the eSIM on your new phone through the Mijn Simyo app. You then have to go to Instellingen> Simkaart and when you scroll all the way below you see a button with “eSIM”. You then click on “Ga verder met validatie” and you will receive a code through text on your old phone. You have to enter this code in the app on your new phone and then you can continue the installation of your eSIM. When this is complete, I advise to restart your phone. If you have a physical sim card, then it's also important to remove this during the proces. You can put your physical simcard back in your phone after the process of installing your eSIM is complete. The eSIM on your old phone will be deactivated once you've installed the eSIM on your new phone.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Kind regards, 
Roeqajja

many thanks!

Hi, I’ve just upgraded my iphone and I’m having problems with the esim installation on the new phone.  When I select ‘Ga verder met validatie’ and then see the ‘Vul je code in’ screen, I don’t receive a message on my old phone.  Is it possible to send me a code please?

Hi @simonclarkie,

Thank you for your message. I would love to help you further with this!

You can send me a private message with your phone number and personal data. I will send you the verification code through e-mail then 🙂.

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Hi Roeqajja,

I received a private message and my eSim has now installed on my new iPhone successfully.

Many thanks for your help.

Simon

Reageer