Skip to main content

I just bought an iPhone 15 pro max and I performed the migration procedure from my old iphone. The procedure completed, but the new iphone claimed that the simyo e-sim was not compatible with the new iphone. I deleted the esim from the old phone, I installed the mysimyo app on the new one and I attempted a reactivation. The reactivation failed with the error “activation failed, contact kpn” and leaving some data in the “Cellular” section of iphone settings. I deleted the “broken” plan and I reattempted a download after verifying with the bank. Every time I attempt a download (selecting a multi sim environment, I also have a phisycal sim) I get a generic error from simyo. I tried to block/unblock the sim, but this did not change anything: according to mysimyo is active, but I cannot download it. I am trying this since yesterday and I did not get any help from the simyo whatsapp channel. I am waiting some medical stuff on that number, so what can I do to fix this quickly?

Thanks

Update: I spoke with service desk on whatsapp, but the were not able to fix or identify the issue

Update 2: now the e-sim download has been successful, but the process stucks during the activation phase. According to the Simyo app the eSIM was activated, but according to the iphone it’s not: the status is “Activating … “ in the iphone settings and it does not work

Update 3: activation failure from kpn and unable to reattempt because the application gets stuck trying to load the bank page for the verification

Hi @MrFogg,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that the installation of your eSIM is not working.

I see on your subscription that you've ordered a physical sim card. You will receive the sim card within 2 working days and you can then activate this through Mijn Simyo. You can always try to switch back to eSIM through Mijn Simyo after activating your physical sim card.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Greetings,
Roeqajja

Hello @Roeqajja that’s another ongoing issue, I contacted Whatsapp Support but no one came back to me about it. That purchase was made by mistake, I do not want a physical sim and I need my old number, not a new one. 

Hi @MrFogg,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to cancel the sim card if you've ordered one. You would have to wait until you receive the physical sim card, activate this through Mijn Simyo in Overzicht and then you can try to install the eSIM again through our app. This is because it is not possible to install eSIM if you have a pending application for a physical SIM card.

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Thanks for clarifying. Is it going to be possible to move the old number to the new sim card?

Hi @MrFogg,

Thank you for your reply. Don't worry! You will keep the same number with the new sim card 🙂.

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

And am I going to be able to convert it into an e-sim?

Hi @MrFogg,

Yes, you will be able to do that. You first need to activate the SIM card in Mijn Simyo. Afterward you can convert it to an eSIM through the Mijn Simyo app.

Greetings,
Seren

@Seren unfortunately it still does not work: I was able to successfully activate the physical sim card, but when trying to download the e-sim (with the physical sim card removed) the system get stuck at the verification by bank with a blank page with a rolling circle in the middle

Update: Suddenly the bank authentication resumed working and I was able to successfully install the e-sim on the phone

Update: Suddenly the bank authentication resumed working and I was able to successfully install the e-sim on the phone

I am glad to hear it is working. If you have any other questions please do let me know.

Reageer