Skip to main content
Vraag

e-SIM suddenly stopped working for iPhone 15, what now?

• 9 July 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 47 Bekeken

Since Friday 28 June (was there some kind of release that day?) I cannot take/make calls and do not have data in the Netherlands. It’s maybe worth mentioning I bought this phone in the US and that it only accepts e-sim (iPhone 15 Pro Max does not have a slot for physical SIM) but I’ve been able to use it in the Netherlands just fine for nearly a year. I use dual sim, along with a US-based SIM that I’ve been using in emergencies. The US e-SIM is working totally fine so I know it’s not my device.

I’ve executed the below fixes, none of these worked. I’ve been trying to contact the helpdesk over WhatsApp for nearly two weeks and today called twice. It’s now with technical experts, but I don’t have my hopes up.

1. Restart phone
  2. Turn airplane mode and cellular on and off
  3. Delete and reinstall both the Simyo app and e-SIM
  4. Roaming is on, though I am in the Netherlands
  5. Checked the option for 4G only
  6. Reset entire cellular network
  7. Cellular data > APN= internet , Username= KPN , Password= gprs
  8. Deleted my US e-SIM and redid all of the above for the Simyo e-SIM

I’ve done all of these and possibly more multiple times. I am extremely frustrated, and this is costing me a lot of time and money.

3 reacties

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hoi @CSwift,

Thank you for your message. It's unfortunate to hear you have connectivity issues with your esim. 

I see that you're already in contact with us about this through another channel. We would like to request that you keep contact through one channel only to avoid confusion. We then will be happy to help you further with this!

Greetings,
Ashley

I’ve been trying to fix this with Simyo representatives since 28 June. WhatsApp help has been nearly nonexistent and calling on the phone hasn’t helped either. On Wednesday 10 July, I was told to expect a call the next day. It has been more than 2 entire business days since then. I have no service and still expected to pay. I am very frustrated.

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hoi @CSwift,

Thank you for your message. It's unfortunate to hear that the customer service hasn't helped you yet. My sincere apologies for this.

Can you send me a private message with your phone number, date of birth, zip code + house number and your e-mailadres? I'll take a look at your subscription. 

Greetings,
Ashley

Reageer