Beantwoord

Cannot connect eSIM on new phone, how can I get it to work?

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 39 Bekeken

Hi,

i have read several topics here on how to activate the eSIM on new phone (I already have eSIM on my current phone). Unfortunately this is not working, and I think now something is stuck. I did following:

• requested eSIM on my new phone and used the code on my current phone
  • chose an option of single SIM
  • requested it and it started installing in my mobile service place
  • it stated that it is on after a while, but there was no number or anything on
  • I deleted this as there wasn’t anything else possible to do
  • then I restarted my phone and received an email that I can activate eSIM; now in the app it says ‘download eSIM’
  • I tried doing this but the error message popped up
  • this is where I’m stuck

I hope it is clear enough and that you can help me. The phone is iPhone 15 Pro, if this is of any relevance.

Thanks!

Jovana

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 16 November 2023, 16:38

Bekijk originele reactie

5 reacties

Hi,

Update: now my current phone also cannot connect to network, they are both stuck.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jovana_Lazarevic,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear you have had trouble installing your eSIM. However, I took a look at your subscription, and as far as I can see, it seems to be working. Could you please let me know if this is the case? If it is not working, I will have to forward this to our technical department with some additional information from you, which we can discuss later. 

Please do let me know if your eSIM is working. 

Greetings,
Seren

Hi,

Indeed, the SIM worked in the end. The problem was that I did not wait for all the changes to be implemented (it would take up to half an hour before I can do anything). During the wait I’d get all kinds of error messages etc which I thought was an issue. At the moment when I left it (last update from last night) in order to contact the support today, after about an hour I saw that everything is okay. 
I already communicated this with your colleagues with remark to update the process description, and add that the changes can take a bit longer between the steps and to be patient, as this was my issue. The process itself is simple, and it works how it’s described regarding the steps to take.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Indeed, the SIM worked in the end. The problem was that I did not wait for all the changes to be implemented (it would take up to half an hour before I can do anything). During the wait I’d get all kinds of error messages etc which I thought was an issue. At the moment when I left it (last update from last night) in order to contact the support today, after about an hour I saw that everything is okay. 
I already communicated this with your colleagues with remark to update the process description, and add that the changes can take a bit longer between the steps and to be patient, as this was my issue. The process itself is simple, and it works how it’s described regarding the steps to take.

I am happy to hear it is working now. Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure to forward this to the relevant department. If you have any other questions you can always let me know. For now I hope you have a good day! 

Reageer