Beantwoord

Mijn Simyo internet usage data was delayed, resulted in 150 euro bill, what can I do?

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 39 Bekeken

Badge

On Saturday, I checked the my simyo data to ensure that I was not using too much data and saw that I had used 4 gigabytes so far for the month, so I used my hotspot for a short time to let my daughter watch a show.

However, it appears there was a large delay in the Internet data remaining, and I had actually much less data remaining.

This seems unfair to me, as I specifically checked the app to see how much data was remaining and made a choice based on the information provided.

As an another example, right now, on my wife's phone, it shows her data usage for yesterday as 0 megabytes on the Mijn Simyo app, but I know that her data usage was non-zero.

icon

Beste antwoord door Seren 28 November 2023, 15:34

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Mijn Simyo has indeed a delay, however the SMS-messages do not have that. So the 100% used message was precisely send when your bundle was used fully.

Badge

Mijn Simyo has indeed a delay, however the SMS-messages do not have that. So the 100% used message was precisely send when your bundle was used fully.

I do remember getting an 80% message around that time, but not a 100% message. Now that I have looked again somehow there is a 100% message that I definitely did not see at the time, but it looks like it also has a delay.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @simyolover420,

Thank you for your message. Sorry to hear that you made costs outside of your bundle. At Simyo, we are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data limit. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always without delay. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the tariff is from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to turn off the internet or to buy an internet bundle. From our side, we do our best to warn our customers in time. 

From your screenshots I can see that you recieved the texts on time, 25-11-2023 (I also checked our own system). I also see that you made costs on the 26th and 27th of november after you recieved those messages. It is in your best interest to turn off your internet after recieving these messages so high costs can be avoided in the future. 

I can understand that this was not your intention. Could you send me a private message with your information? We can continue our conversation over there to find a solution for us both.

Thank you @Groentjuh for your help!

Gre​etings,
Seren​​​​​​

Reageer