Costs for data usage outside bundle?

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 46 Bekeken

Hello, we have two numbers from simyo, unfortunately due to a setting in iPad my 6 year old son has activated personal hotspot on our phones and used data from simyo subscription. This was possible due to using the same Apple ID across devices. As we did not notice about this usage we were shocked when my wife and I got a bill of 150 euros combined for this month. That is almost same as our combined subscription amount for the whole year.

For now we disabled that setting in iPad but these costs are extremely high for us. Could you please help us to find a solution for this.

Seren 17 dagen geleden

Hi @sacret136,

Thank you for your message. I can imagine that you were shocked by these cost.  At Simyo, we do not currently have a data cap, so it is the customer's responsibility to switch off mobile data at the end of the bundle. For that reason, it is also not possible for minors to take out a subscription with us.

Simyo will however, always send you two warning SMS messages when you have reached 80% and 100% of your package. The app is not always in sync with your actual usage, but the text messages we send are directly from the network and are the leading ones. To avoid high costs, it is advisable to switch off the 4G phone as soon as you receive the text message at 100%. You may want to discuss this with your children so that they are aware next time. 
It is important to know that as long as the internet connection on the SIM card is active, there is always a chance that data will be used, both consciously and unconsciously. This can happen, for example, through updates or applications that remain active in the background. 

Of course I understand that this was not intended on your part. This is why I would like to take a look at your subscription with you. Can you send me a private message? Then I can ask you for some personal information. In addition, this blog with tips and information can be useful to avoid high costs in the future.

Greetings,
Seren

Bekijk originele reactie

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sacret136,

Thank you for your message. I can imagine that you were shocked by these cost.  At Simyo, we do not currently have a data cap, so it is the customer's responsibility to switch off mobile data at the end of the bundle. For that reason, it is also not possible for minors to take out a subscription with us.

Simyo will however, always send you two warning SMS messages when you have reached 80% and 100% of your package. The app is not always in sync with your actual usage, but the text messages we send are directly from the network and are the leading ones. To avoid high costs, it is advisable to switch off the 4G phone as soon as you receive the text message at 100%. You may want to discuss this with your children so that they are aware next time. 
It is important to know that as long as the internet connection on the SIM card is active, there is always a chance that data will be used, both consciously and unconsciously. This can happen, for example, through updates or applications that remain active in the background. 

Of course I understand that this was not intended on your part. This is why I would like to take a look at your subscription with you. Can you send me a private message? Then I can ask you for some personal information. In addition, this blog with tips and information can be useful to avoid high costs in the future.

Greetings,
Seren

I sent a private message, hoping to find a solution sooner 👍🏼

I have not heard anything back yet even after sending private message, any indication how long does it take to get a response, in between my sim is already blocked as well.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @sacret136,

Thank you for your message. My colleague @Seren will help you further through private message today. If you want to be helped as soon as possible in the future, it is best to contact us by phone through 0800-8007 (if your sim card is blocked you can reach us through 1200) or Whatsapp. This is because the response time on the forum is longer.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Reageer