Vraag

Why do i have extreme extra costs?

• 31 October 2022
  • 1 reactie
  • 61 Bekeken

Hello all, 

My Simyo card was overcharged yesterday by multiple hundred euros because apparently I was using internet outside of my bundle. However, I was at home and cannot make sense of why I was not connected with the Wi-Fi. My card was blocked so I cannot get in touch with the costumer service / they do not react to my WhatsApp messages. I am really desperate and do not know what to do now? Is there any way this can be solved without having me to pay a multi hundred euro bill? I cannot afford it and it clearly was a mistake / something went wrong as I just was home and did not use mobile data intentionally. We also have our Wifi via KPN, I am not sure whether this helps but I address your goodwill in this situation and hope it can be solved without me paying the full bill. I am kindly asking you to be understanding and supportive here.
Best wishes,

L. Bister

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @lb9293,

Thankyou for your message. I can imagine you were shocked by the out-of-bundle charges! Have you seen our warning text messages go by? We always send 2 warning text messages. 1 at 80% usage and 1 at 100% usage of the internet bundle. In these text messages it is mentioned that you can continue to use the internet with a stable Wifi connection or that you can buy extra MB's via My Simyo. If no action is taken after receiving these messages, you will pay the out of bundle rate of €0,15 per MB. To get the most out of your bundle I would like to share the following link with you: Alles over je dataverbruik, MB’s besparen en je internetbundel.

It is possible that you just missed these messages and therefore were not able to take action. If the Internet is left on and something is playing in the background or your device is uploading, it can quickly become expensive since we do not have a data limit. If your 4G connection is stronger than the Wifi then it automatically switches to your internet bundle, this is also called Wifi assistance. To make sure you are only using the Wifi, it's best to turn off the mobile data at that time.

Could you send me a private message with your personal details? Then I will see what I can do for you in terms of costs! 

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer