Beantwoord

How can I unblock my simcard?

Badge
Hi,

I used the sim code (4107) listed on under Simyo>Settings>SIM, it didn't work and my my sim is blocked.

I ordered my sim card about two months ago but I'm using it just now for the first time, I think this may be related.

What can I do?
icon

Beste antwoord door Caspar 7 July 2016, 12:17

Bekijk originele reactie

20 reacties

Hi Morales.

Is your phone simlock free?
Badge
Yes, I got it unlcoked. I'm using a dutch Lebara simcard at the moment and works just fine.
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
Is your sim activated? If not, activate and use the pukcode for re-enabling the pin code.
Did you go to settings, security......sim card lock?
When you turn off pin security what happens then?
Badge
This is the first time I'm using my simyo sim card in my phone.

Says incorrect SIM PUK, tried 3 times already, I'm using the code listed under my account (22592446)

When I ordered my sim card in May it was sent twice because the first time my address was not correct, could be this?
When 3 times used wrong pincode it's indeed needed to use the pukcode on my simyo.
Then as i see now re-new the pincode, so a different one you choose after pukcode is working.

If nothing helps tomorrow a moderator will help further, you always get a reaction on this topic from him or her.
Reputatie 5
Badge +9
Hi Morales,

I'm sorry to hear that your Pin and Puk does not work.

Do you have another simcard of Simyo? You can check if you got the right simcard by checking the sim-number on the back of the simcard. On MijnSimyo you can check if that number is correct and matches with the active simcard.

I hope to hear from you soon.

@Friesian en wimj12 bedankt voor de hulp mannen!

Kind regards,
Caspar
Badge
The number on my sim card is: ******09
The number under my account:
Simkaartnummer ******59
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
That explains all. You are either using the wrong sim, or the sim data in MySimyo is incorrect.
Anyway, they are inconsistent. You have to wait until someone from Simyo arrives here,
and correct this issue.
Badge
ok, thank you
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Morales!

Thank you for providing us with the necessary information. Due to the sensitive nature of the simcard-number, I edited your previous post so that the numbers aren't visible any longer. It looks like your current simcard was never properly activated. My advice, therefore, is simple: please activate your current simcard. You do this by logging into your account on Mijn Simyo, and then going to Instellingen > Simkaart > Vervangende simkaart activeren. Once you click on that, you'll be asked for a simcard number. Here, you'll have to enter your current simcard number (the one that ends on 09.)

Once you've done that, you'll receive an e-mail that contains your new pin- and pukcode. In time, these codes will appear on your Mijn Simyo page as well.

Do you have any questions about this?

@ Wimj12: Thank you for your input, Wim!

Best regards,
Jihane
Badge
My card now works, thank you!

Another question, I think I'm on a pre-paid option, I would like to have a monthly subscription as below on this page:
https://www.simyo.nl/sim-only/bestellen

After selecting my options the form asks me for my address to mail me a sim card, I would simply like to use the same sim card I have at the moment (just I recently activated) without having to receive a new sim card.

Contractduur = 1 maand
Bellen en SMS'en = 200 min/sms
Mobiel internet = 1000MB

€ 17 per maand
aansluitkosten € 14,99
Hi Morales.

You mention that the simcard you received is prepaid, as you think.

**edit** You would like to change from prepaid to postpaid as i do understand it(?).**

When you go to https://mijn.simyo.nl/, scroll downthe page. Then you see the button [b]stap over op sim sim only[/u].
Then choose the button, stel je sim only samen. (maand)
https://mijn.simyo.nl/overstappen/bundelselectie is the following up page you get.

Choosing that, stepping over, you don't have to pay AANSLUITKOSTEN 14.99 because you stay at Simyo.

The settings for a postpaid simcard are different from a prepaid. That's the reason you need a new simcard.
You also get new pin and pukcodes, because of the different simcard.

A moderator will response anyway also, I would like to advise you to wait therefore.

I hope that I did help you with this explaining.

I wish you a pleasant evening.

Best regards,
Friesian.
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
To make it clear, what do you want:
1) Convert your current prepaid to a sim only.
2) Get an additional sim only subscription.

In (1), you can do that from My Simyo, and you will keep the same phone number and the same sim. As far as I remember your prepaid money will be deduces from your sim only bills.

In (2), you will a new sim and new phone number.
Badge
I need "1) Convert your current prepaid to a sim only."

I found how to do this myself from my account.

Just another question, I have a lebara phone number and I want to keep the same number with simyo.

Should I request the number portability before or after switching from prepaid to sim only? or it doesn't matter what I do first?

Thanks
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
Number portability is a very sensitive process. I leave that to the moderators to answer.
wimj12 is right, you keep the same sim, transmitting will be done in 2 days.
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Morales,

I'm happy to hear that you managed to activate your simcard! Your other question is easily answered. As Friesian explained earlier, you have to log in to your Mijn Simyo environment. Once you're there, you go to Instellingen > Bekijk de voordelen en stap over naar Sim Only > stel je Sim Only samen. On this page, you'll be able to pick your bundles and voilà! You're done! The transfer will happen within mere days!

As for the request for number portability: I suggest you wait until your subscription is active. Once that's done, you can easily log in to Mijn Simyo, and go to Instellingen > Simkaart > Vraag nummerbehoud aan. On this page, you'll be able to fill in the necessary information to transfer your phone number.

Is this information sufficient?

@ Friesian and Wimj12: Thank you for your reactions and help, gentlemen 🙂

Best regards,
Jihane
I switched to a monthly plan and then (a few days later) I requested my old lebara number to be transferred to simyo. It looks like I'm back to prepay now that that I have my old number with simyo.

Could you please confirm is this ok?

I have to retake the monthly plan?
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Mora2,

You currently have a Sim Only subscription and your old Lebara number. Is that what you wanted? You just mentioned a Prepaid account. Did you initially want to go back to having a Prepaid subscription?

Best regards,
Jihane

Reageer