Beantwoord

Paying with VISA

• 4 October 2013
  • 7 reacties
  • 2278 Bekeken

Badge
Dear Simyo staff,

I have been trying to buy new credit for my prepaid account but whenever I try to pay with my VISA I get the following message: "De transactie is geweigerd
Betaling niet aanvaard : Betaling geweigerd door merchant".

I am using the same card as I did to pay for the SIM-card in the first place, and yet now it is rejected. Is it a larger problem or is it only my card that is being rejected and, if so, what could be the reason for this? What the possible solutions?

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Best,
Morten
icon

Beste antwoord door Charlene 7 October 2013, 12:13

Bekijk originele reactie

7 reacties

Badge +8
Dear Simyo staff,

I have been trying to buy new credit for my prepaid account but whenever I try to pay with my VISA I get the following message: "De transactie is geweigerd
Betaling niet aanvaard : Betaling geweigerd door merchant".

I am using the same card as I did to pay for the SIM-card in the first place, and yet now it is rejected. Is it a larger problem or is it only my card that is being rejected and, if so, what could be the reason for this? What the possible solutions?

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Best,
Morten

Dear mortenfb,

I see that you tried to make a lot of transactions. That must be frustrating. You say your credit card number hasn't changed. Can you check if it's still ok on Mijn Simyo? Otherwise i advice you to contact your credit card company, for there is no reason why we would deny your transaction.
you could try to use one of the other ways to buy credit, like iDeal and direct debit.

Please let me know what information the credit card company can give you,

Kind regards,
Charlene
Hello,
I have the same problem!
I paid with my VISA card before and it was no problem. Now it does not work anymore. It cannot be my card's fault, since I tried it with three other credit cards as well. I neither have ideal nor paypal and I would really like to use my phone again.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Juliane
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
Hi Juliane Girbardt,

Is the VISA card you are trying to use a creditcard which is issued by a Dutch bank or financial institution? Our payment process in only suited for those kind, and not for foreign credit cards...
So, just to be sure....

It is possible to purchace a SIM-card with an international (foreign) credit card (issued by a non-dutch bank), but it is not possible to buy new credit with the same or another foreign credit card. Is it correct so far?

As I don't have a dutch bank account I cannot use the other two ways (iDeal and debit authorisation). Is there another ways to get some credit on my simyo account?
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
That's right, you can buy a sim card using any credit card but to top it up you need a Dutch bank account or credit card. Using a foreign credit card will not work. The only solution that I can think of (which may or may not suit you) is to ask a Dutch friend to register his/her bank account with your Simyo account.

It is clear that Simyo's aim is to cater exclusively for the domestic Dutch market although I cannot see a reason why they should not accept a foreign credit card (a credit card is a credit card, in my view! :rolleyes:)

I hate to say this, but you may be better off by checking out the offerings of telecom providers that operate internationally, such as this one for example ( UK version here.) Note: this should not be seen as a recommendation as I have no experience with this company.
Thank you Scotsman!

Ok, too bad, now I have to cancel my account because it doesn't make sence for me to open a bank account just for topping up my simyo account.

However, I am wondering why Simyo accepts foreign credit cards for the purchase though. Why not staying just with one system. 
Badge +8
So, just to be sure....

It is possible to purchace a SIM-card with an international (foreign) credit card (issued by a non-dutch bank), but it is not possible to buy new credit with the same or another foreign credit card. Is it correct so far?

As I don't have a dutch bank account I cannot use the other two ways (iDeal and debit authorisation). Is there another ways to get some credit on my simyo account?

That's right, you can buy a sim card using any credit card but to top it up you need a Dutch bank account or credit card. Using a foreign credit card will not work. The only solution that I can think of (which may or may not suit you) is to ask a Dutch friend to register his/her bank account with your Simyo account.

It is clear that Simyo's aim is to cater exclusively for the domestic Dutch market although I cannot see a reason why they should not accept a foreign credit card (a credit card is a credit card, in my view! :rolleyes:)

Hi Sergej,

I'm afraid that it is indeed not possible tot top up with an international credit card. We are also not planning to make that possible. I understand it's a bit crooked that you were able to purchase the account with a foreign credit card. That won't be possible anymore in the near future.
I hope you find a good alternative.

Kind regards,
Charlene

Reageer