Beantwoord

Unaffordable high out of bundle costs!I am not able to pay that

• 29 November 2021
  • 12 reacties
  • 342 Bekeken

Hi Simyo!

I am a new Simyo user and have just started using the card. But my account was suddenly blocked and it was discovered that I had a bill of 184 euros to pay. I am very shocked and desperate as I am totally unable to pay such a high bill. I am a student from a non-EU region with a very low income and, unfortunately, I do not know Dutch. I guess I didn't recognise or receive the text message about the extra fees to be charged. In addition to this, I think it is very unfair to charge me such an unaffordable fee without further enquiry, which I am afraid is unacceptable to me and the bundle cost of 0.15€/MB seems too high. I would like to know if there is a way to help me out, for example if I can buy the bundle now, or if I can be helped to avoid the extra exorbitant fees, I am very frightened and desperate and hope to hear from you soon, my phone is blocked and I cannot use it.

Thank you for your help and I hope you enjoy your life.

Best regards,

Yujia

icon

Beste antwoord door Nihad 1 December 2021, 09:08

Bekijk originele reactie

12 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @Yujia,

Thank you for your message. How unfortunate to hear that you have made such costs. Like u said, we do send several warnings once you reach the usage of 80% and 100% of your bundle. Can you send me a private message with your phonenumber, address, and email address? I will check for you right away.

I'd like to hear from you.

Greetings,

Nihad

Hi!
I just had the same experience. Simyo says its a company that gives better and more accessible prices, but out of a sudden they make these huge charges without telling you or you accepting them in a certain way. And it's much worse if you are not dutch. This shouldn’t be a thing. If your bundle is over, then you shouldn’t have internet, and that is it. This is a very sneaky and unfair way to give extra charges. They say I have to pay over 100 euros but I also don’t have the resources to do so.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hoi @Mariale.pe,

Thank you for your message. Sorry to hear that extra costs have been incurred outside your bundle due to internet usage!

We at Simyo are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data limit. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always leading. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the rate will be from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to switch off the internet or to buy an additional internet bundle. At Simyo we do our best to warn our customers in time. If you have incurred high costs outside your bundle within a short period of time, we will block your SIM card as a precaution.

On our website we have a blog with useful internet saving tips, I recommend reading this carefully. If you have an Android phone, it is often possible to set a data limit in your phone. Unfortunately, this is not possible with an iPhone.

We can understand that things can go wrong. I would therefore like to see with you whether we can do something about the costs for once. Could you send me a private message with your phone number and personal details? We can then look at the possibilities together :).

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Hoi @Mariale.pe,

Thank you for your message. Sorry to hear that extra costs have been incurred outside your bundle due to internet usage!

We at Simyo are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data limit. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always leading. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the rate will be from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to switch off the internet or to buy an additional internet bundle. At Simyo we do our best to warn our customers in time. If you have incurred high costs outside your bundle within a short period of time, we will block your SIM card as a precaution.

On our website we have a blog with useful internet saving tips, I recommend reading this carefully. If you have an Android phone, it is often possible to set a data limit in your phone. Unfortunately, this is not possible with an iPhone.

We can understand that things can go wrong. I would therefore like to see with you whether we can do something about the costs for once. Could you send me a private message with your phone number and personal details? We can then look at the possibilities together :).

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Stop lying no need, you are charging thousand of people every year, same issue same company, come on, it is not legal or tolerated these kind of practices. 2 days ago I have been charged for extra mb although I didn’t receive my bundle at all!!! This practice is abusive and a complete non-sense… You are getting thousand of people in your “issues” every year, you just need 10k like these cases so you have 1M even if you loose clients the issue worth around 1 year subscription and represents just a little part of your costumers…. Too suspicious, here some of regulations that you might be violating, at least the third one is completely clear, it you must displayed a warning with option of continuing or not for the user

• The Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EU) establishes requirements for contracts concluded at a distance, such as contracts for telecommunications services."

• "Transparent pricing: Service providers must provide clear and understandable information about prices, including additional charges, before the consumer accepts the contract."

• "Informed consent: The consumer must give explicit and prior consent for any additional charges that exceed the agreed price in the contract."

• "Prohibition of hidden charges: Additional charges cannot be hidden or surprise the consumer. The provider must inform in a clear and visible manner about any additional costs that may apply."

Movistar had some similar practices while ago, wasn’t good idea, and with that as a precedent I willing to go through trial if we reach that point, hope you got some worthy solution for this

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Tok,

Thankyou for your message. 

I just gave a reaction on your post in this topic. I suggest that contact be through 1 topic to avoid confusion 😊.

Greetings,
Amy

Hi!

I have the same problem. Simyo this monday at 9:45am send me a message that I’ve consumed all my bundle (which I didn’t see) and now its Wednesday 4:32 pm and I saw my status and want to charge me extra 88 euros, which is INSANE amount for a brand that knows people choose it cause of its affordable prices. I feel its such a sneaky way to get money. If the bundle comes to its limit, it sshould just STOP giving internet. So sad it comes to this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mariale.pe,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that extra costs have been made outside of your bundle!

At Simyo, we do not have a data cap. We are transparent about this. For this reason, we send warning texts at 80% and 100% usage of your bundle. I recommend paying close attention to these messages! We try to warn you in time so you can avoid incurring out-of-control costs by buying more MBs or switching off your internet.

I can imagine you didn't make the charges consciously. Could you send me a private message with your phone number and personal details? Then I would be happy to look into a solution with you.

Kind regards,
Roeqajja

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

At Simyo, we do not have a data cap. We are transparent about this.

Being transparent about abusive behaviour isn’t acceptable..

Why can’t you do better?

It’s not like this is the first time this happens.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hoi @XTF,

Bedankt voor je reactie. In dit topic heeft mijn collega Seren hier een duidelijke uitleg over gegeven 😊. Wellicht handig om even door te lezen, hopelijk beantwoord het jouw vraag.

Groetjes,
AMy

I just got the same problem. And I wasn't informed at all about this "no data cap"

I was paying close attention to the app until yesterday, but a busy day of work kept me of remembering this and when I saw the message it was too late.

The worst part of it is that I just got into the country, I wasn't aware of it because I didn't see the information of how much it would cost off-bundle anywhere, also because of the language barrier (I need to constantly translate informations in the app and it's not always accurate)

I am still organising myself here so a fine of 100 euro is really heavy for someone that just got the service.

To be honest it kinda makes me feel like should cancel it, because like, I just got here, I have so many things to take care of and to worry about, and a day was enough to create a bill of 10x bigger than the price of my current bundle. The fine is almost the price of cancelling the whole plan.

Honestly I feel really bad. That never happened to me with any service I used, I'm in shock

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

You should indeed find another provider if you want to be safe..

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi @solaris,

Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear that you made costs outside of your bundle. At Simyo, we are transparent about the fact that we do not have a data limit. For this reason, we always send two warning text messages at 80% and 100% usage of the internet bundle. These text messages come directly from the network and are always without delay. In the last text message we also clearly indicate what the tariff is from that moment on (€ 0.15 per MB) and that it is wise to turn off the internet or to buy an internet bundle. 

I would like to take a look at your subscription, could you send me a private message with your 06-number and personal information?

Greetings,
Seren

Reageer