Beantwoord

Wanneer gaan de roamingskosten weg? (Engels)

• 8 December 2016
  • 3 reacties
  • 282 Bekeken

I am wondering when is simyo going to apply the European Union directive with regards to the Free roaming between European members.
Other companies as Vodafone have already applied it. I'm already thinking of switching, and guessing I'm not the only one.

Thanks for coming back,
Carlos
icon

Beste antwoord door PaulH 8 December 2016, 19:09

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Hi,

Don't know if you understand Dutch, but there was an article on an online news site that says it's not very wise to move to another providers such as Vodafone or KPN because of the conditions and high costs.

https://forum.simyo.nl/buitenland-88/wanneer-buitenland-vanuit-mijn-bundel-internetten-36704/index1.html#post150369
Reputatie 5
Badge +6
Hey Credin,

probably you can't really understand dutch so I will translate its summary/conclusion.

The topic is about when it is posibble to use data in foreign countries.
The answer is it will be around the middle of 2017. Somewhere in June probably.

As moving to another companies is concerned, I wouldn't recommend this because of the term what Raytje said.
You will be able to use your bundle in Europe but the overall cost of a monthly subscription has been increased.
So you are paying the cost in Europe outside the Netherlands by paying more in your main subscription.

As for now you can use data in foreign countries if you have a subscription, with Prepaid this isn't possible.
Costs now are 6 cents per MB.

Greetings Paul.

P.S. I am dutch and don't know if my English usage was right, so exuse me for any spelling mistakes.
Badge +7
Hi credinvalencia,

Welcome at our forum! :D

I am so sorry to hear you are thinking of switching! 😞 I understand you are wondering when you don't have to pay anymore for roaming in other EU-countries with a Simyo subscription. By European law, the roaming costs have to disappear in the middle of 2017. We are aware that some other companies already decided to remove the roaming costs. We didn't make that decision yet. I can't tell you when exactly we are going to remove the roaming costs, but I can guarantee you that in the middle of 2017 you also don't have to pay the cost anymore with a Simyo subscription. Then your usage in other EU-countries will be within your Dutch monthly subscription.

Until that time, the costs of internet in EU countries are € 0,06 per MB. For more information about our prices within the EU, you can take a look at this page.

If you have any questions, will you let me know?

Kind regards,
Samantha

@Raytje en PaulH, heel erg bedankt voor jullie hulp! 😃

Reageer