Beantwoord

How can we take calls in England with a Prepaid?

• 27 May 2014
  • 8 reacties
  • 626 Bekeken

HI, We have a prepaid sim card, calls only no internet (yet). Can we change this to International roaming and keep the same number. If we can do this, is it possible that people ring us without international codes, ie , they just ring the mobile number . . . . it is really urgent (and important) - we have a bank account in Holland and are in the UK for a few weeks and cannot receive the security codes on our mobile as it doesn't work here - so would this solve our problem? Many thanks Jackie
icon

Beste antwoord door Scotsman 27 May 2014, 19:52

Bekijk originele reactie

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9
To activate international roaming, go to Mijn Simyo and turn on "Bellen in en naar het buitenland". Restart your mobile and you should be able to make and receive calls and text messages whilst in the UK. People in the Netherlands can simply dial your 06... number, although adding the prefix 0031 would not harm.
oh my goodness, I could kiss you - thank you so much - I am a bit techno-challenged, this worked straight away - well, got the texts thru and I can now access our account - I can't thank you enough - brilliant!
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Mwah - kisses back!

Be aware though that receiving a call in the UK isn't free - it costs € 0,08 per minute. But receiving a text message from anywhere is free. And finally just in case you didn't know - you won't be able to use mobile internet whilst abroad if you have a prepaid sim card from Simyo.
Reputatie 5
Badge +10
Hey Jackieparry,

I have nothing to add 🙂. Thanks for your help Scotsman.

Greetings,

Alex
My prepaid simyo won't receive calls in Norway at the moment - and I have "Bellen in en naar het buitenland" set to "aan". What could be wrong?
Does it require a minimum balance? Mine is currently just over 9 euros.
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
My prepaid simyo won't receive calls in Norway at the moment - and I have "Bellen in en naar het buitenland" set to "aan". What could be wrong?
Does it require a minimum balance? Mine is currently just over 9 euros.

You report not being able to receive calls in Norway. Does that imply that you can place calls no problem? If neither works, double check that international roaming is switched on on your phone. Furthermore, try to select a network manually instead of relying on the phone choosing a network automatically. If none of this cures the problem, a reboot of the phone with the Simyo sim in place is the only remaining suggestion that springs to mind.

By the way, mobile internet roaming on a Simyo prepaid simcard is not possible, but maybe you know this already.
Thanks, I figured it out. I was simply using the wrong phone number. As I changed my mobile number and provider only weeks before I moved out of NL, I easily get the old and new number mixed up.
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hoi Jonas-e,

Good to read that the problem is solved 🙂 I can perfectly understand that you have to get used to your new phonenumber. If you have any other questions, just ask :)

@Scotsman, thank you for all your help in this topic :)

Regards,
Angela

Reageer