Beantwoord

Waarom kan ik mijn simkaart niet gebruiken in Servië? (Engels)

• 23 April 2017
  • 3 reacties
  • 688 Bekeken

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father has Simyo pre-paid card. He uses it when he comes to visit us in the Netherlands. He is now in Serbia and he cannot use it. It says: 'Not registered on the network'. I tried to solve it and searched on the internet, but did not help.
When he is Serbia he does not use it very often, but we use Viber & I sometimes call him. This is now also not possible.
Could you please assist us?

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Olja & Paja
icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 23 April 2017, 09:56

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Dear Olja / Paja.

I have a couple of questions for you to answer.

At settings of your father's phone (data) roaming is switched on?
At your father's Mijn Simyo bellen in en naar het buitenland - is switched on?
Tab - Instellingen - Netwerk instellingen.

Let him try after this has been completed phone off and again on.

Does this not help let him try by hand, so not automatically, find network.

Please let know if this works! :)

Kind regards.
Friesian
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Olja & Paja,
Just to add to Friesian's info above: if you have not used Mijn Simyo before, you can find it here: https://mijn.simyo.nl/inloggen
This is the only place where you can top-up a Simyo prepaid card. You need a Dutch bank account or a Dutch credit card for this.

Also, just to remind you that receiving a call on a Simyo simcard while travelling in Serbia is not exactly cheap. I found this out myself when I was in Belgrade last year. The charges are €1.27 per minute both for receiving calls and for calling a Dutch number. I was very happy that my Serbian friend gave me a Serbian mobile phone during my stay in Belgrade. If your father is planning to use a mobile phone for longer periods of time in Serbia I would suggest that he buys a Serbian prepaid simcard. Presumably with this card incoming calls will always be free.
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi Olja & Paja,

Welcome to the Simyo Forum!

I can imagine your disappointment with the fact that your father's sim card won't work in Serbia. I just checked and I see that you've got the abroad-option activated. That's good! I just did a reset on that option, which means that I renewed the settings for that option. Could you ask your father to turn his phone off for fifteen minutes and to turn it on afterwards?

Also, I'd like to know if he tried choosing a Serbian network manually. This can be done via the phone settings.

Did you know that it's not possible to use data (mobile internet) abroad with a Prepaid card? You can use the internet abroad with a Sim Only subscription, but with a Prepaid that option is non-existent. All you can do is use the wifi-networks available. Services like Viber use the internet, so that will only ever be possible if he can make a wifi-connection.

Having said that, he should be able to call and text. You can find the rates here. I hope the reset worked, but if not, I suggest that he tries his sim card in another phone and vice versa. This test can tell us more about where the problem is coming from.

Keep me posted?

@ Friesian and Scotsman, thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Jihane

Reageer