Beantwoord

voicemail from abroad, how does it work?

• 7 June 2021
  • 4 reacties
  • 395 Bekeken

Hello, 

I am currently abroad on vacation in the UK. 
I received an SMS saying I have a voicemail. 
I called 1233 but it says I have first to set up (instellen) the voicemail. how can I now hear my voicemail? The line drops automatically as soon it says I have to set it up first.  
I call 12331 and 12339 but it gets me a strange message. 

tried calling myself with another number, got to voicemail, but once i get to the voicemail it says the same message and line drops. 
I am a new user, never set up the voicemail, so I don’t have a pin for the voicemail either.

icon

Beste antwoord door Ray 8 June 2021, 11:31

Bekijk originele reactie

4 reacties

Hello @Chenchen ,

I am a customer just like you, but I am happy to help you on your way.

You will indeed need to set up your voicemail first. Because I didn't feel like manually translating the entire Dutch text into English, I ran the text through Google translate. My apologies for any typos. :laughing:

Set up voicemail
At Simyo you can set up your voicemail yourself. You can do this to personalize your voicemail, to turn off your voicemail or to protect your voicemail. You can adjust all these voicemail settings.

Welcome greeting
set up voicemail welcome greeting You can brighten up your voicemail by typing a welcome message. Whoever gets your voicemail will know that he has come to the right place. There are four welcome greetings available. You can reach this by calling 1233 and then pressing 1 in the main menu:

First personal greeting.
You can leave your voicemail with a welcome message that people will hear when they get your voicemail. You speak it in its entirety yourself.
Second personal greeting.

You speak it in its entirety yourself. You can save both the first and second personal greetings. You can want in between. This way people - as soon as you change it - will hear the different greeting when they get your voicemail.

Default greeting.
You then only enter your name. The caller will then hear: 'This is the voicemail of', followed by you speaking your name.

Default greeting with phone number.
The person who calls will then hear: 'This is the voicemail of' followed by your telephone number.

Hi Ray ,

thank you for helping but I never get to even set it up. 
when I dial 1233 from my number it only says that I have to set it up first and then line drops. 
I am never proposed the menu, to pick choices… 😞

message says (I think it says more or less this ) :

in order to use your voice mail you have first to set up. 
You can do it yourself by calling your own number from the Netherlands. 

if it’s related to the fact I’m dialing from abroad I have a big problem. I need to listen the message (because it may be important and cannot wait 20 days until I go back to NL)  and then I want to disable it.

is there any other way to do it? 

If at least I could see who left the message…  Damn sms only says I have a voice mail. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Chenchen,

Welcome to our Simyo forum!

How unfortunate that you're not able to listen to your voicemail. Have you tried texting  'AAN' to 1233? Maybe that will work. Can you maybe try and explain the strange message you get? Otherwise it is pretty hard for me to be able to identify the problem.

I don't know how good your dutch is but just to be sure I will attach a link to our voicemail from abroad page. https://www.simyo.nl/klantenservice/vragen/je-voicemail-vanuit-het-buitenland-of-vanaf-e-2565?c=72

Kind regards,

Daisy

Reageer