Beantwoord

E-SIM activation does not work ("No service")

• 6 September 2020
  • 14 reacties
  • 1295 Bekeken

Model: Apple iPhone XR 

Software: iOS 13.6.1

I have two sims. One of them is a business line provided by my company, the other one is my personal Simyo phone number. I am trying to get both numbers on the same iPhone. In order to do so, I want to use my company sim card (physical) in dual sim mode with the Simyo E-SiM.

Therefore, I am trying to activate the e-sim of Simyo from Mijn Simyo app. I go through all the steps and add the data plan, but this is worthless because the data plan will never be able to find any service.

See screnshot: you can see the physical sim card (business) works as intended, the simyo e-sim card just does nothing. Stuck on no service. Doesn’t matter what I do. Rebooting, resetting etc. have no effect. Deleting the plan and reinstalling it leads to the same result. 

See screenshot below:

Please help, this is creating issues

icon

Beste antwoord door Scotsman 6 September 2020, 20:48

Bekijk originele reactie

14 reacties

To specify: I have already a Simyo sim card (physical), I am trying to convert it to an e-sim but when I do so it does not activate and the e-sim is stuck on “no-service”

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

For activation of the eSIM you need a code from Simyo. It looks like you never received this code. A Simyo moderator will look into this, probably tomorrow. Just out of interest, is your physical simcard dead or does it still work when you pop it into your iPhone? The minute the eSIM becoes active the old physical simcard loses all functionality.

For activation of the eSIM you need a code from Simyo. It looks like you never received this code. A Simyo moderator will look into this, probably tomorrow. Just out of interest, is your physical simcard dead or does it still work when you pop it into your iPhone? The minute the eSIM becoes active the old physical simcard loses all functionality.

Thanks for the reply. Indeed the physical simcard is still active.  calls, 4g, etc., everything. 

I tried the installation procedure from the app multiple times, sometimes I was given a code but nothing was happening when I inserted this code. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

As I understand it, the code is for a one-off activation. It sounds like you need a fresh code, somebody from Simyo will sort this out.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply. Indeed the physical simcard is still active.  calls, 4g, etc., everything. 

I tried the installation procedure from the app multiple times, sometimes I was given a code but nothing was happening when I inserted this code. 

The fact the physical simcard is still active and still works probably means that something is going wrong at Simyo when you activate your eSim. A moderator will have to look into that for you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi esimfrustration,

I see you've received a new code, I will sent you this one in a privatemessage. 

Kind regards,

Daisy

I have same issue can’t receive the SMS

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Noob,

Your code expires after 48 hours, can you reqeust a new one and send me a privatemessage? I will help you there.

Kind regards,

Daisy

Hello, 

I have the same issue today same phone, same situation. I got the activation code as suggested. Have you figured out a solution?

Thanks,

Georges

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Georges101007,

Welcome on our Simyo Forum!

I will send you an e-mail with the code, you can use that one.

Kind regards,

Daisy

hello Daisy

Can  i also Receive a Code my sim is dead 

activation went wrong 

thanks Mike

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

Hi Mike,

I am glad you have contacted us and welcome to our forums

Because you requested a code on the 14th of december the code is now no longer valid (it works for 48 hours). Can you please request a new code on the app and then send me I private message? I will make sure to you'll receive your code by mail. 

Kind regards,

Tessanne 

HI,

I converted my aim card from lebara to eSIM simyo.

The activation date is 14-05-2023, form the Mij Simyo app, it works because from the app it says my sim card was converted successfully. But the network still shows “No service”. Also I can not receive any code for acetification through the app.  And I find many people in this forum have the same problem.

So now I can not use internet and call.

Can you help to solve this problem?

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @fangrui,

Thank you for your message. How inconvenient that you can't use the eSIM right now!

Would you like to send me a private message with your personal details so I can send you the validation code by e-mail? 

Greetings,
Amy

Reageer