Beantwoord

What do I need to know about costs abroad?

• 1 November 2017
  • 3 reacties
  • 1011 Bekeken

Hello,

I have a simyo bundle Abonnement, updating it month by month. Now I am going to New Zealand for 6 weeks needing to know if the sim can be used, and if yes, what can I expect regarding internet/3 and 4G.

I am very grateful for any answer as I have browsed the site and only found info like 5 Euro a megabyte.

Thanks for any help clearing up the mist.

Johannes
icon

Beste antwoord door Groentjuh 1 November 2017, 09:40

Bekijk originele reactie

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Let me, as other customer help you out:

Sadly, the information you have found is correct. Outside The Netherlands and countries in zone 1, you will pay 5 euro/MB. The Internet connection will get blocked after about 60 euros, so basically expect no internet using your Simyo Sim-Only bundles.

You can find all prices for using the service in other countries on this page and find all countries per zone in this document.

I will summaries all of it below:
Calling to The Netherlands, countries of zone 1, countries of zone 2, countries of zone 3, calling voicemail and recieving calls costs 2,542 euro (~two euro and fiftyfour eurocents) per minute.
Calling to countries of zone 4 costs 4,576 euro (~four euro and fiftyeight eurocents) per minute.
Sending SMS to The Netherlands, countries of zone 1, countries of zone 2, countries of zone 3 and countries of zone 4 costs: 0,508 euro (~fiftyone eurocents) per SMS
Data costs 5,000 euro (~five euro) per MB

There are no bundles available for New Zealand. When staying there for an extended time, it is wise to lower all bundles to the smallest amount, so u pay less for unusable minutes/SMS/MBs within the required bundle.

Sadly Simyo does focus on offering good pricing for within the Netherlands. They do not focus on offering the best prices while roaming.

It might be wise to consider buying a local simcard there or even rent a so called mifi for there. You can also use any available wifi over there; just be careful with your private data, while using wifi!
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
As I read your post it looks like you've prepaid and not Sim-Only.
I that case you can't use internet abroad.

So better follow Groentjuh's advice for a local simcard or mifi.
Reputatie 6
Badge +7
Hi JohannesLaSerda,

Welcome on our community!

It's good that you've contacted us before leaving.

Unfortunately you cannot use your bundle in New Zealand. If you use your simcard we will charge you costs outside your bundle as Groentjuh explained. Click here for more information.

In order to prevent high usage outside your bundle, we advise you to block dataroaming on your phone and use WiFi as much as possible. In this way you won't have to worry about any extra costs. 😄

If you have any questions, please let me know!

@ Groentjuh and Franswon, thank you guys!

Best regards,
Asma

Reageer